School earmarked for centre
BUSHMEAD School in St Neots will be the site of one of the 22 new children s centres that Cambridgeshire County Council needs to create by April 2008. On Government orders, children s centres are designed to be one-stop-shops for youngsters aged up to f
BUSHMEAD School in St Neots will be the site of one of the 22 new children's centres that Cambridgeshire County Council needs to create by April 2008.
On Government orders, children's centres are designed to be one-stop-shops for youngsters aged up to five and their families.
They are to provide childcare and early learning, health services, family support, and advice on parenting and employment.
The county council and St Neots Town Council had previously spent several months exploring the option of establishing a children's centre at the new Eaton Socon Community Centre, which the town council plans to build.
You may also want to watch:
However, it has now been decided to site the centre at the primary school.
The county council has committed £100,000 to the children's centre.
- 1 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 2 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 4 Huntingdon man found with stash of drugs and cash is jailed
- 5 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 6 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 7 Brampton's 'fantastic' village fete welcomes 4,000 revellers
- 8 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 9 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 10 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
The county council's head of infrastructure, Hazel Belchamber, said: "The county council has appreciated St Neots Town Council's desire to work with us on its children's centre development, but after very careful consideration, has chosen Bushmead Primary School as its preferred location. The children's centre development will be a positive extension of the school's place in the community.