School earmarked for centre
BUSHMEAD School in St Neots will be the site of one of the 22 new children s centres that Cambridgeshire County Council needs to create by April 2008. On Government orders, children s centres are designed to be one-stop-shops for youngsters aged up to f
BUSHMEAD School in St Neots will be the site of one of the 22 new children's centres that Cambridgeshire County Council needs to create by April 2008.
On Government orders, children's centres are designed to be one-stop-shops for youngsters aged up to five and their families.
They are to provide childcare and early learning, health services, family support, and advice on parenting and employment.
The county council and St Neots Town Council had previously spent several months exploring the option of establishing a children's centre at the new Eaton Socon Community Centre, which the town council plans to build.
However, it has now been decided to site the centre at the primary school.
The county council has committed £100,000 to the children's centre.
- 1 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 2 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 3 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 4 St Ives man undergoes pioneering heart treatment
- 5 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 6 Hundreds gather to see Santa on The Quay in St Ives
- 7 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 8 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 9 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 10 Thousands more homes set for Alconbury Weald
The county council's head of infrastructure, Hazel Belchamber, said: "The county council has appreciated St Neots Town Council's desire to work with us on its children's centre development, but after very careful consideration, has chosen Bushmead Primary School as its preferred location. The children's centre development will be a positive extension of the school's place in the community.