School earmarked for centre
BUSHMEAD School in St Neots will be the site of one of the 22 new children s centres that Cambridgeshire County Council needs to create by April 2008. On Government orders, children s centres are designed to be one-stop-shops for youngsters aged up to f
BUSHMEAD School in St Neots will be the site of one of the 22 new children's centres that Cambridgeshire County Council needs to create by April 2008.
On Government orders, children's centres are designed to be one-stop-shops for youngsters aged up to five and their families.
They are to provide childcare and early learning, health services, family support, and advice on parenting and employment.
The county council and St Neots Town Council had previously spent several months exploring the option of establishing a children's centre at the new Eaton Socon Community Centre, which the town council plans to build.
You may also want to watch:
However, it has now been decided to site the centre at the primary school.
The county council has committed £100,000 to the children's centre.
- 1 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 2 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 3 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 4 St Neots care assistant Jack set to shine in BBC Three's Glow Up
- 5 Memories of St Neots' town centre
- 6 Ventriloquist shares career highlights after retiring in Huntingdon
- 7 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 8 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 9 For sale: Spacious two bedroom bungalow with generous plots in Hartford
- 10 St Ives teenager donating her hair for charity
The county council's head of infrastructure, Hazel Belchamber, said: "The county council has appreciated St Neots Town Council's desire to work with us on its children's centre development, but after very careful consideration, has chosen Bushmead Primary School as its preferred location. The children's centre development will be a positive extension of the school's place in the community.