Say 'I do' at the animal shelter
ANIMAL lovers can now say I do in the grounds of an animal rescue centre – and bring their pets along to witness the occasion. Godmanchester-based Wood Green Animal Shelters has been granted a licence to perform civil marriages and partnerships at the s
ANIMAL lovers can now say 'I do' in the grounds of an animal rescue centre - and bring their pets along to witness the occasion.
Godmanchester-based Wood Green Animal Shelters has been granted a licence to perform civil marriages and partnerships at the site.
It is thought that the venue, which has a specially-built gazebo and can cater for up to 1,600 people, is the first animal charity to have been granted a licence.
Nicola Bacon, from Wood Green, said: "We have had a few wedding receptions in the grounds where people were asking us if they could use the shelter as a wedding venue.
You may also want to watch:
"People would be welcome to bring their pets to the ceremony if they wished, though we are not offering a service for pets to get married."
Tina Jeffery, business development director at Wood Green, added: "This is fabulous news for the charity and what a wonderful way to raise funds for the animals in their care.
- 1 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 2 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 3 Delicious dessert shop 'Snik Snax' opens
- 4 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 5 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 6 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 7 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 8 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 10 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
"We hope that couples planning their forthcoming weddings will consider the beautiful grounds here in Godmanchester and want to have a unique venue for their special day."
Wood Green Animal Shelters is a charity that cares for hundreds of lost, ill or unwanted animals every year.
INFORMATION: More information on getting married at Wood Green is available on 0870 190 4090.