Sarah sets her £1,600 target
A MOTHER of two from Godmanchester is in training for the London Marathon as she aims to raise money for research into the condition that affected her grandmother. Sarah Hall, 27, from Ferndown Drive, pictured left, is running more than 30 miles a week as
A MOTHER of two from Godmanchester is in training for the London Marathon as she aims to raise money for research into the condition that affected her grandmother.
Sarah Hall, 27, from Ferndown Drive, pictured left, is running more than 30 miles a week as she builds up to the marathon.
The administrator for the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Mental Health Trust and mum to Amie, seven, and Cameron, five, is hoping to raise at least £1,600 for Diabetes UK.
Her grandmother, Marise Hall, from Huntingdon, died last year having suffered from the disease.
This week, Sarah will complete runs of 16 miles, five miles, seven miles and four miles on different days and evenings.
She told The Hunts Post: "My nanna died this time last year aged 70 and, though diabetes was not the cause of her death, it was a prominent issue in her life."
- 1 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 2 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 3 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 4 Woman has 'medical episode' during A1(M) crash
- 5 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 6 13-year-old helped to rescue distressed paddleboarders
- 7 Thousands come together at RAF Wyton for Armed Forces Day
- 8 John Major's 'bad luck' comment is 'absolutely disgraceful' says son of victim
- 9 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
- 10 Man fined £300 after being linked to fly-tipping
Sarah is a member of the BRJ Running Club, in Huntingdon, which has put up the £1,000 "golden bond" to secure Sarah her place in the marathon, which takes place on Sunday, April 13.
Now the single mum has to raise the rest of the cash to take up her coveted place on the run.
She said: "This is the first time I have run a marathon. I have been training for about three years.
"I have lost nearly three stone in the past year with Slimming World and I am hoping to complete the 26 miles in four-and-a-half hours."
INFORMATION: To sponsor Sarah go to www.justgiving.com/sarahhallmarathon