Santa’s write of reply
SANTA and his elves have taken time out from their busy schedule to help raise money for less fortunate children. Father Christmas has taken up residence at Frosts Garden Centre in Brampton to make an early start on his letters to all the children who hav
SANTA and his elves have taken time out from their busy schedule to help raise money for less fortunate children.
Father Christmas has taken up residence at Frosts Garden Centre in Brampton to make an early start on his letters to all the children who have been good this year.
For a suggested donation of £5, Santa will write a letter to a child and will pass on the money to NSPCC to aid the charity in its work to stop child cruelty.
NSPCC community fundraising manager Sally Phipps said: "A letter from Santa is a brilliant way to add an extra sparkle to a child's Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
"But it is important to remember that Christmas is not a time of celebration for every child.
"Over the 12 days of festive cheer last year, ChildLine counselled 4,756 children who were in danger or distress and had nowhere else to turn.
- 1 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 4 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 5 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 6 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 9 Roman millstone with 2,000-year-old engraving of penis to go on display
- 10 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
"Parents, grandparents, families and friends who support the letter from Santa idea will help create a safer, happier Christmas for many children."
INFORMATION: To get Santa writing to a child you know, either call in at Frosts, go on-line at www.nspcc.org.uk/santa, or phone 0870 3259012.