Santa’s write of reply
SANTA and his elves have taken time out from their busy schedule to help raise money for less fortunate children. Father Christmas has taken up residence at Frosts Garden Centre in Brampton to make an early start on his letters to all the children who hav
SANTA and his elves have taken time out from their busy schedule to help raise money for less fortunate children.
Father Christmas has taken up residence at Frosts Garden Centre in Brampton to make an early start on his letters to all the children who have been good this year.
For a suggested donation of £5, Santa will write a letter to a child and will pass on the money to NSPCC to aid the charity in its work to stop child cruelty.
NSPCC community fundraising manager Sally Phipps said: "A letter from Santa is a brilliant way to add an extra sparkle to a child's Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
"But it is important to remember that Christmas is not a time of celebration for every child.
"Over the 12 days of festive cheer last year, ChildLine counselled 4,756 children who were in danger or distress and had nowhere else to turn.
- 1 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 2 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Tudor history and famous Chinese Bridge in Godmanchester
- 5 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 6 Riley turns imagination into reality with best-selling adventure book
- 7 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 8 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Do you have items of history for nostalgia group?
- 10 Godmanchester community pulled together throughout the pandemic
"Parents, grandparents, families and friends who support the letter from Santa idea will help create a safer, happier Christmas for many children."
INFORMATION: To get Santa writing to a child you know, either call in at Frosts, go on-line at www.nspcc.org.uk/santa, or phone 0870 3259012.