THE parking problems are not and have never been because of our neighbours. It s the shoppers and workers who cause the problems. Secondly, the letter the residents received only asked for a response if either we objected to the shortage of spaces or we w
THE parking problems are not and have never been because of our neighbours. It's the shoppers and workers who cause the problems.
Secondly, the letter the residents received only asked for a response if either we objected to the shortage of spaces or we would prefer continuous double yellow lines. There was no other option.
Therefore, most did not reply because, although they did not particularly care for the proposed parking scheme, some parking was better than none and in previous communications there was no other alternative.
We think that putting double yellow lines across people's driveways is a waste of money because everyone should know that the owner of that drive needs access to the road, therefore no shopper or worker should be blocking it.
This would leave an option for the owners of the drive to have their own visitor park across their drive.
The only reason the council think this has backfired is because they have chosen to misinterpret the lack of response.
- 1 Police called to reports of violence in Huntingdon
- 2 Cyclist left with serious injuries after bus collision in St Ives
- 3 Planning proposal for a new café to be reviewed by St Neots Town Council
- 4 Concerns about late-night noise if club is granted alcohol extension
- 5 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 6 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 7 Workers take strike action at St Neots power station in pay dispute
- 8 Eynesbury Rovers U8s enjoy 'one of greatest seasons in Hunts history'
- 9 No water relief for depleted rivers and reservoirs with another heatwave forecast
- 10 B1514 Brampton Road closure extended for Saturday
If there had been a third option of no to double yellow lines and object to shortage of spaces then they would have received more responses.
The council really should make themselves clear.
L BEDRIKOVS, Priory Grove, Huntingdon