Ruby milestone for ‘loyal’ Shirley at Wyboston Lakes
- Credit: Archant
A friendly face at Wyboston Lakes is celebrating 40 years with the company that she describes as a “real family”.
Shirley Heath joined the business in 1976 when it was named the Potton Group, an innovative construction company, and was based in Great Gransden.
“I can still remember the first day I started all those years ago and Peter Hutchinson, who founded the business, came up to me, put his arm around me and welcomed me like a daughter,” said Mrs Heath.
She then went on to move with the company from its head office, Potton House, to the Wyboston Lakes campus and has overseen the company’s sale of the construction side of the business to focus fully on developing the hotel, conference, training and serviced office aspects.
Mrs Heath transferred to the Knowledge Centre seven years ago and has been the shop front and customer interface for the many businesses located in the office complex.
You may also want to watch:
During the milestone celebration, director of business development for Wyboston Lakes, Brian Payton, described Mrs Heath as a “most loyal, conscientious member of staff with first class customer skills, and who is always willing to help and support our customers”.
Thinking back over her time Mrs Heath added: “Wyboston Lakes is a fabulous business to work for.
- 1 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 2 Alconbury to benefit from £200,000 flood protection funding
- 3 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 4 Seven arrested after £70k-worth of bicycles stolen
- 5 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary
- 6 New project will enhance river at Godmanchester
- 7 Sewer network improvements in £600k investment for St Neots
- 8 Village job club providing vital service
- 9 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 10 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
“There is a real family atmosphere which is appreciated by all the staff, no matter which department they work in. That personal and friendly approach remains to this day and makes the company very special to me.
“Even after 40 years, I still thoroughly enjoy my job and I will continue to work here as long as I can. If I wasn’t here I really would miss all the colleagues and customers that make my days so gratifying.”