Ruby milestone for ‘loyal’ Shirley at Wyboston Lakes
- Credit: Archant
A friendly face at Wyboston Lakes is celebrating 40 years with the company that she describes as a “real family”.
Shirley Heath joined the business in 1976 when it was named the Potton Group, an innovative construction company, and was based in Great Gransden.
“I can still remember the first day I started all those years ago and Peter Hutchinson, who founded the business, came up to me, put his arm around me and welcomed me like a daughter,” said Mrs Heath.
She then went on to move with the company from its head office, Potton House, to the Wyboston Lakes campus and has overseen the company’s sale of the construction side of the business to focus fully on developing the hotel, conference, training and serviced office aspects.
Mrs Heath transferred to the Knowledge Centre seven years ago and has been the shop front and customer interface for the many businesses located in the office complex.
You may also want to watch:
During the milestone celebration, director of business development for Wyboston Lakes, Brian Payton, described Mrs Heath as a “most loyal, conscientious member of staff with first class customer skills, and who is always willing to help and support our customers”.
Thinking back over her time Mrs Heath added: “Wyboston Lakes is a fabulous business to work for.
- 1 East West Rail Route - further consultation going ahead
- 2 Is this the ghost of a nun who haunts an old Huntingdon bridge?
- 3 Man escapes ‘shocking case’ of modern slavery at hand car wash
- 4 Transporter carrying cars bursts into flames in village near St Neots
- 5 Man who died in road crash is named
- 6 Brampton Post Office customers say fond farewell to postmaster
- 7 Kimbolton business announces new CEO
- 8 Godmanchester man used Grindr in attempt to meet ‘teenage boy’
- 9 Fish and Chip shop wins award
- 10 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
“There is a real family atmosphere which is appreciated by all the staff, no matter which department they work in. That personal and friendly approach remains to this day and makes the company very special to me.
“Even after 40 years, I still thoroughly enjoy my job and I will continue to work here as long as I can. If I wasn’t here I really would miss all the colleagues and customers that make my days so gratifying.”