Royal Mail lorry in A14 crash
A ROYAL Mail lorry crashed into the central reservation of the A14 on Sunday afternoon causing part of the road to be closed for much of the day.
Police and the Highways Agency were called to the westbound carriageway at Spaldwick just before 7am to reports of the single-vehicle crash.
Both lanes westbound and one lane eastbound were closed for recovery of the lorry and repair work to the central reservation and crash barrier.
The westbound carriageway was closed at Brampton Hut and motorists followed diversions on the A1.
Officers reopened lane two of the eastbound carriageway as well as one lane of the westbound carriageway shortly before 9am.
You may also want to watch:
The westbound carriageway was restricted to one lane for the rest of the day to facilitate further repairs.
- 1 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 2 One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 4 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 5 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 6 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 7 Hunts Post Reader Photos for this week
- 8 Tim retires after 25 years with law firm
- 9 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
- 10 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots