Royal Mail lorry in A14 crash
A ROYAL Mail lorry crashed into the central reservation of the A14 on Sunday afternoon causing part of the road to be closed for much of the day.
Police and the Highways Agency were called to the westbound carriageway at Spaldwick just before 7am to reports of the single-vehicle crash.
Both lanes westbound and one lane eastbound were closed for recovery of the lorry and repair work to the central reservation and crash barrier.
The westbound carriageway was closed at Brampton Hut and motorists followed diversions on the A1.
Officers reopened lane two of the eastbound carriageway as well as one lane of the westbound carriageway shortly before 9am.
You may also want to watch:
The westbound carriageway was restricted to one lane for the rest of the day to facilitate further repairs.
- 1 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 2 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 3 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 4 St Neots entrepreneur to host 24-hour ‘Speak Up’ event
- 5 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 6 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 9 Covid cases highest in Hunts since pandemic began, new figures reveal
- 10 Man who invited children to use his hot tub breached police order