When nine-year-old Michaela Sunderland sent a Christmas card to Her Majesty The Queen, she never dreamed she would actually get a reply. But the Sawtry Junior School pupil came home last Friday to find a special thank-you letter waiting for her. Signed o
When nine-year-old Michaela Sunderland sent a Christmas card to Her Majesty The Queen, she never dreamed she would actually get a reply. But the Sawtry Junior School pupil came home last Friday to find a special thank-you letter waiting for her.
Signed on behalf of the Queen by her lady-in-waiting, Philippa De Pass, the letter read:
"Dear Michaela and Millisa,
The Queen wishes me to thank you for the Christmas card you have sent her. Her Majesty was very pleased to get your kind message and thanks you so much for your good wishes."
You may also want to watch:
Michaela, who wrote the card on behalf of her seven-year-old sister Millisa as well, was stunned by the reply.
"I wrote that 'I hope you have a very nice Christmas' and signed it from us both," said Michaela.
- 1 Brampton Post Office customers say fond farewell to postmaster
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Kimbolton business announces new CEO
- 4 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 5 Fish and Chip shop wins award
- 6 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 7 Free Covid testing kits now available at some pharmacies
- 8 Organic Hunts beauty company Bossy Glossy gets celebrity support
- 9 East West Rail Route - further consultation going ahead
- 10 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
The envelope was already sealed before she could show her mum, Mandy, of Cromwell Way, who said: "She's a very thoughtful child and I just left her to get on with her Christmas cards. She came to me and asked for the Queen's address and I told her Buckingham Palace in London, but we didn't even have a postcode.
"I'm quite shocked actually. I would have been worried receiving an envelope with the Buckingham Palace postmark, but it was addressed to the girls. I couldn't think of any reason why they would write to us - I had to sit down and have a cup of tea."
Picture: HELEN SOUTH