Robbers threaten victim for i-pod
THREE men threatened to stab a 16-year-old boy as he walked along a footpath in Huntingdon to get him to hand over his i-pod. The three are suspected of carrying out two robberies in Huntingdon between 9am and 9.30am on Saturday, December 2 at The Maze
THREE men threatened to stab a 16-year-old boy as he walked along a footpath in Huntingdon to get him to hand over his i-pod.
The three are suspected of carrying out two robberies in Huntingdon between 9am and 9.30am on Saturday, December 2 at The Maze, in Ferrars Road, and on a footpath, between Coxens Close and Priory Lane.
It is not known in what order the robberies happened, but on both occasions the victims were approached by three men.
At The Maze, a 24-year-old man and a 14-year-old boy, both from Huntingdon, were sitting on a bench near the Anglian Water premises when they were asked the time by one of the robbers.
As the teenager looked at his mobile phone, one of the men pushed him to the ground and grabbed the phone from his hand. The men also snatched a mobile phone from the other victim before running off towards Ambury Road.
In the other incident, a 16-year-old boy from Huntingdon was walking along the footpath listening to his I-pod when he was grabbed from behind.
- 1 Air Ambulance is called to serious crash on London Road in St Ives
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 House set alight in Brampton
- 4 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 5 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Local businesses join forces to create a Christmas Beer
- 8 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 9 Sawtry homes plan is approved
- 10 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
The three men threatened to stab him before pushing him to the floor and making off with his i-pod.
The robbers were all described as black and aged between 18 to 23.
The first was about six foot two inches tall, slim and wearing a dark hooded top with the hood up, black tracksuit bottoms and a scarf around his face. He spoke with a Jamaican accent.
The second was described as slightly shorter than the first, stocky with a big face and hair in dreadlocks.
He also had a Jamaican accent and was wearing a dark puffa style jacket and dark tracksuit bottoms. six foot two inches tall, slim, wearing a black coat, dark tracksuit bottoms and a dark woolly hat.
INFORMATION: Anyone with information should contact Dc Claire Rennie on 0845 4564564 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.