Rob Richardson at the Paralympic Games in London
St Ives resident ANDREW HARDMAN is on Paralympic Games watch for The Hunts Post. As a wheelchair user and keen follower of disability sports, Andrew will be blogging throughout the Games. Here’s the latest happening at the Games
EVEN though the Great Britain sitting volleyball team was able to win their first two sets in their pool match against Morocco, they did struggle for consistency almost looking nervous.
However, in the final set they appeared almost world class, destroying the Moroccans 25 points to 12. Rob Richardson had a good game using his strengths to stretch the Moroccans all over the court.
Fittingly it was Rob who served the match point which sent the team and crowd into raptures creating their own piece of Paralympic history by winning their first ever sitting volleyball game.
You may also want to watch:
Great Britain have advanced into the quarter finals
- 1 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 2 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 3 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 4 Homebirths suspended at Hinchingbrooke Hospital due to staff shortages
- 5 Delicious dessert shop 'Snik Snax' opens
- 6 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 7 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 8 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 9 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 10 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31