Rob Richardson at the Paralympic Games in London
St Ives resident ANDREW HARDMAN is on Paralympic Games watch for The Hunts Post. As a wheelchair user and keen follower of disability sports, Andrew will be blogging throughout the Games. Here’s the latest happening at the Games
EVEN though the Great Britain sitting volleyball team was able to win their first two sets in their pool match against Morocco, they did struggle for consistency almost looking nervous.
However, in the final set they appeared almost world class, destroying the Moroccans 25 points to 12. Rob Richardson had a good game using his strengths to stretch the Moroccans all over the court.
Fittingly it was Rob who served the match point which sent the team and crowd into raptures creating their own piece of Paralympic history by winning their first ever sitting volleyball game.
You may also want to watch:
Great Britain have advanced into the quarter finals
- 1 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 2 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 3 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 4 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 5 Hinchingbrooke paediatrician’s relief after getting Covid-19 vaccine
- 6 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 7 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 8 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 9 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 10 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced