Rob Richardson at the Paralympic Games in London
St Ives resident ANDREW HARDMAN is on Paralympic Games watch for The Hunts Post. As a wheelchair user and keen follower of disability sports, Andrew will be blogging throughout the Games. Here’s the latest happening at the Games
EVEN though the Great Britain sitting volleyball team was able to win their first two sets in their pool match against Morocco, they did struggle for consistency almost looking nervous.
However, in the final set they appeared almost world class, destroying the Moroccans 25 points to 12. Rob Richardson had a good game using his strengths to stretch the Moroccans all over the court.
Fittingly it was Rob who served the match point which sent the team and crowd into raptures creating their own piece of Paralympic history by winning their first ever sitting volleyball game.
You may also want to watch:
Great Britain have advanced into the quarter finals
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 4 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 5 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 6 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man
- 7 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 8 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 9 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 10 More Readers' Photos for this week