Roadworks on A14 and A1 in Cambs: Areas to avoid
ROADWORKS will be continuing across Cambridgeshire this weekend – and beyond, so here are a few places for motorists to avoid: A1 EATON SOCON BYPASS WHY? RESURFACING WORK Work is taking place on the northbound carriageway of the A1 Eaton Socon bypass.
ROADWORKS will be continuing across Cambridgeshire this weekend - and beyond, so here are a few places for motorists to avoid:
A1 EATON SOCON BYPASS
WHY? RESURFACING WORK
Work is taking place on the northbound carriageway of the A1 Eaton Socon bypass. The work involves repairing and resurfacing a three-mile stretch of the A1 from the A428 Wyboston Junction to Hail Bridge, just north of the B645 junction at Hail Weston. It is due to be completed, weather permitting, before Christmas. Work will take place every night and during the day at weekends as follows:
You may also want to watch:
Monday to Thursday nights: 8pm-6am
Friday 9pm through to Monday 6am.
- 1 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 2 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 3 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 4 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 5 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 6 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 7 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 8 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 9 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 10 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
Northbound traffic will be diverted off the A1 at Wyboston onto the A428 to the B1040 and the A1198 to join the A14 at Godmanchester. Westbound A14 traffic will then stay on the A14, with northbound traffic rejoining the A1 at Alconbury.
Work resurfacing patches of the eastbound carriageway of the A14 between Girton and Milton began on December 8 and is due for completion on December 17. It involves the full closure of the eastbound carriageway and entry slip road closure at Junction 32 (Histon) between 8pm and 6am Tuesday to Thursday, 8pm to 7am Friday to Saturday morning and 9pm to 6am Saturday to Sunday morning. During those periods, eastbound traffic will be diverted on to the M11 southbound to Junction 10 (Duxford) to access the A505 eastbound on to the A11 northbound at the Abington junction to rejoin the A14 at Junction 36 (Six Mile Bottom). Traffic wishing to join the A14 eastbound from the A428 will be diverted on to the A1303 at Madingley, to join the M11 at Junction 13 and then follow the diversion route as above.
Work to repair the embankment on the A14 at Junction 32, which started on September 29 and will continue during this period.