Roadworks and road closures planned for the week ahead
- Credit: Archant
The Highways Agency has released a list of roadworks and road closures scheduled to take place on the major roads serving Cambridgeshire over the coming week.
For further information, including changes to planned works, log on to www.highways.gov.uk/traffic.
A14 Cambridge to Huntingdon:
Work to improve journeys on the A14 between Cambridge and Huntingdon continues this week with a variety of tasks underway including the installation of plant-crossing points, site surveys, clearing vegetation and installing CCTV, average speed cameras and information signs.
The southbound A1 will be fully closed between Brampton Hut & Buckden overnight, between 8pm and 6am, from March 13 for three nights.
You may also want to watch:
The outside lane will be closed on the southbound A1 between Alconbury and Brampton Hut overnight, between 8pm and 6am, from March 13 for three nights.
The scheme is due to be completed in March 2021.
- 1 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 2 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 3 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 4 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 5 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 6 St Neots entrepreneur to host 24-hour ‘Speak Up’ event
- 7 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 8 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 9 Entrepreneur and family businessman Philip Lalor has died
- 10 Huntingdon First says use local businesses where possible
A428 Eltisley; street lighting and road markings
Work to improve journeys by carrying out street lighting maintenance and renewing road markings continues this week. Temporary traffic lights will be in place overnight, between 8pm and 6am, until March 31.
A1 Georgetown to Sandy:
Work to improve journeys by resurfacing sections of the A1 southbound takes place this week. The southbound carriageway will be closed between the Black Car and Sandy roundabouts overnight, between 8pm and 6am, on Monday, March 13, for three nights. A clearly signed diversion will be in place via the A421 and A603 following the hollow diamond symbol.
A1 Sandy to Black Cat:
Work to improve journeys by renewing drainage on the A1 continues this week. Lane closures will be in place overnight, between 8pm and 5am, from Monday, March 13, for five nights.