Roadworks and road closures planned for the week ahead
- Credit: Archant
The Highways Agency has released a list of roadworks and road closures scheduled to take place on the major roads serving Cambridgeshire over the coming week.
For further information, including changes to planned works, log on to www.highways.gov.uk/traffic.
A14 Cambridge to Huntingdon:
Work to improve journeys on the A14 between Cambridge and Huntingdon continues this week with a variety of tasks underway including the installation of plant-crossing points, site surveys, clearing vegetation and installing CCTV, average speed cameras and information signs.
The southbound A1 will be fully closed between Brampton Hut & Buckden overnight, between 8pm and 6am, from March 13 for three nights.
You may also want to watch:
The outside lane will be closed on the southbound A1 between Alconbury and Brampton Hut overnight, between 8pm and 6am, from March 13 for three nights.
The scheme is due to be completed in March 2021.
- 1 Seven arrested after £70k-worth of bicycles stolen
- 2 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 3 Village job club providing vital service
- 4 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 5 Alconbury to benefit from £200,000 flood protection funding
- 6 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 7 New project will enhance river at Godmanchester
- 8 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary
- 9 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
A428 Eltisley; street lighting and road markings
Work to improve journeys by carrying out street lighting maintenance and renewing road markings continues this week. Temporary traffic lights will be in place overnight, between 8pm and 6am, until March 31.
A1 Georgetown to Sandy:
Work to improve journeys by resurfacing sections of the A1 southbound takes place this week. The southbound carriageway will be closed between the Black Car and Sandy roundabouts overnight, between 8pm and 6am, on Monday, March 13, for three nights. A clearly signed diversion will be in place via the A421 and A603 following the hollow diamond symbol.
A1 Sandy to Black Cat:
Work to improve journeys by renewing drainage on the A1 continues this week. Lane closures will be in place overnight, between 8pm and 5am, from Monday, March 13, for five nights.