Road users advised to plan journeys ahead of overnight A1 closure
- Credit: Archant
Parts of the A1 will be closed overnight as essential surface work gets underway later this month.
Repairs will be carried out in both directions through Buckden near the B661 junction and through Brampton near junction 21 of the A14, starting on November 28.
The work is due to finish in late December, and will see the A1 closed on weeknights in one direction at a time between Brampton Hut and Buckden Roundabout.
Diversion signs will be in place via the A14, A428 and A1 for road users, with a temporary 40mph speed limit on the northbound carriageway.
Mindy Bhogal, Highways England project manager, said: “This section of the A1 is likely to be used for diversions during overnight closures on the A14 Cambridge to Huntingdon improvement scheme once main construction is in full flow, so resurfacing it now will ensure smoother and safer journeys for road users.
“We have planned our work carefully to minimise disruptions, carrying out the work overnight when traffic flows are low.
”We would advise road users to plan their journeys ahead if they are planning to travel when the northbound A1 is closed.”
- 1 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 2 Woman who could barely walk is taking part in cycling event after shedding 19 stones
- 3 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
- 4 New organic coffee shop opens in St Neots
- 5 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 6 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 7 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 8 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Bosses warn of 'choppy waters' ahead for health trust
- 10 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
Dates may be subject to change dependent on weather conditions.
For more information about roadworks in the region, visit trafficengland.co.uk.