Road users advised to plan journeys ahead of overnight A1 closure
- Credit: Archant
Parts of the A1 will be closed overnight as essential surface work gets underway later this month.
Repairs will be carried out in both directions through Buckden near the B661 junction and through Brampton near junction 21 of the A14, starting on November 28.
The work is due to finish in late December, and will see the A1 closed on weeknights in one direction at a time between Brampton Hut and Buckden Roundabout.
Diversion signs will be in place via the A14, A428 and A1 for road users, with a temporary 40mph speed limit on the northbound carriageway.
Mindy Bhogal, Highways England project manager, said: “This section of the A1 is likely to be used for diversions during overnight closures on the A14 Cambridge to Huntingdon improvement scheme once main construction is in full flow, so resurfacing it now will ensure smoother and safer journeys for road users.
You may also want to watch:
“We have planned our work carefully to minimise disruptions, carrying out the work overnight when traffic flows are low.
”We would advise road users to plan their journeys ahead if they are planning to travel when the northbound A1 is closed.”
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 4 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 5 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 6 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 7 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 8 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 9 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 10 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
Dates may be subject to change dependent on weather conditions.
For more information about roadworks in the region, visit trafficengland.co.uk.