Road safety improvements
ROAD safety improvements are set to be made to a section of one-way street near to Huntingdon town centre. Work is due to start on Sunday in George Street (east), by the new magistrates courts, to lay anti-skid surfacing as part of an overall scheme to i
ROAD safety improvements are set to be made to a section of one-way street near to Huntingdon town centre.
Work is due to start on Sunday in George Street (east), by the new magistrates' courts, to lay anti-skid surfacing as part of an overall scheme to improve safety in the area.
The scheme has been scheduled to take place on Sunday when there is the least amount of traffic as a road closure will be needed to make sure the works are carried out as quickly and safely as possibly.
Engineers are taking the opportunity to lay the anti-skid surface following the completion of utility works for the new courts.
You may also want to watch:
The area will remain open at all times to cyclists, pedestrians and local residents, but motorists are being asked to avoid the area.
Mike Eatock, project manager for Cambridgeshire County Council, said: "When it is completed, this section of road will be much safer for both motorists and pedestrians. Anti-skid surfacing has been used around the county and has had reduced accidents significantly where it has been used. We apologise for any delays this may cause and ask motorists to avoid George Street (east) on the Sunday.
- 1 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 2 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
- 3 Paedophile exposed in undercover police operation
- 4 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
- 5 Metro is off the cards says new mayor Dr Nik Johnson
- 6 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 9 Police warning after spate of thefts from cars in Warboys
- 10 Strictly favourites Anton and Giovanni set for star-studded show