Road improvements to finish ahead of schedule
ROAD improvements at Oxmoor in Huntingdon are due to finish ahead of schedule. Measures are being put in place at Coneygear Road and Buttsgrove Way to improve the quality of lighting, reduce the speed of traffic, and introduce a new cycleway. Road closur
ROAD improvements at Oxmoor in Huntingdon are due to finish ahead of schedule.
Measures are being put in place at Coneygear Road and Buttsgrove Way to improve the quality of lighting, reduce the speed of traffic, and introduce a new cycleway.
Road closures will take place in the last two weeks of this month while speed bumps and new 'give way' areas are built to reduce the speed of traffic. These improvements will provide new crossing points in Coneygear Road and Buttsgrove Way to allow easier access to the new park.
Work, which is being carried out by Huntingdonshire District Council, is now scheduled to finish in early December, before the Christmas holidays. The installation of lighting in the area will continue after this time.
The cycleway will be mainly off road and will link to the paths in American Lane, and at Thames Lane, along Conygear Road. The existing footpaths will also be improved.
Councillor Mike Simpson, deputy leader of the council who is responsible for the Heart of Oxmoor regeneration programme, said: "I am delighted the work will be finished before Christmas, hopefully avoiding too much disruption to residents in the area. The improvements to the roads will enhance the quality of life of those who live there and residents will have a greater sense of safety when in the area whether using a car, on a cycle or foot."
- 1 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 A lost wedding photo uncovers a heartbreaking story
- 4 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 5 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in village
- 6 Off duty nurse saves a man's life by performing CPR
- 7 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 8 Vehicle caught fire on A1 near St Neots
- 9 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 10 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
The Heart of Oxmoor project is a multi-million pound regeneration programme involving the council and partners which aims to make improvements to the quality of life for people living in the area.