Road improvements to finish ahead of schedule
ROAD improvements at Oxmoor in Huntingdon are due to finish ahead of schedule. Measures are being put in place at Coneygear Road and Buttsgrove Way to improve the quality of lighting, reduce the speed of traffic, and introduce a new cycleway. Road closur
ROAD improvements at Oxmoor in Huntingdon are due to finish ahead of schedule.
Measures are being put in place at Coneygear Road and Buttsgrove Way to improve the quality of lighting, reduce the speed of traffic, and introduce a new cycleway.
Road closures will take place in the last two weeks of this month while speed bumps and new 'give way' areas are built to reduce the speed of traffic. These improvements will provide new crossing points in Coneygear Road and Buttsgrove Way to allow easier access to the new park.
Work, which is being carried out by Huntingdonshire District Council, is now scheduled to finish in early December, before the Christmas holidays. The installation of lighting in the area will continue after this time.
You may also want to watch:
The cycleway will be mainly off road and will link to the paths in American Lane, and at Thames Lane, along Conygear Road. The existing footpaths will also be improved.
Councillor Mike Simpson, deputy leader of the council who is responsible for the Heart of Oxmoor regeneration programme, said: "I am delighted the work will be finished before Christmas, hopefully avoiding too much disruption to residents in the area. The improvements to the roads will enhance the quality of life of those who live there and residents will have a greater sense of safety when in the area whether using a car, on a cycle or foot."
- 1 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 2 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 3 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 4 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 5 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 6 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 9 Roman millstone with 2,000-year-old engraving of penis to go on display
- 10 New plans on the horizon for Black Cat Radio
The Heart of Oxmoor project is a multi-million pound regeneration programme involving the council and partners which aims to make improvements to the quality of life for people living in the area.