IT S amazing how a road in Ramsey is to receive £50,000 after only eight accidents in three years (September 27). I have counted at least six at the Pondersbridge junction in one year. Yet this junction sees no measures to curb accidents or at least to pr
IT'S amazing how a road in Ramsey is to receive £50,000 after only eight accidents in three years (September 27). I have counted at least six at the Pondersbridge junction in one year. Yet this junction sees no measures to curb accidents or at least to prevent them.
Forty Foot Bank has seen numerous deaths. Where's the money for calming measures to prevent these deaths? It's amazing the speed at which people still travel along it.
Oilmills Road in Ramsey Mereside sees more traffic than this in a day, along with HGVs. This is a C-class road, which, according to the Department for Transport, should be used only for local traffic.
We have been told by the powers that be, since there have been no fatal accidents or deaths along this road, no problem exists.
You may also want to watch:
It makes you sick that to prevent deaths people have to die and only then can something be done.
ROBERT MUMFORD, Oilmills Road, Ramsey Mereside
- 1 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 2 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital today
- 3 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 4 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 5 Check out some of Huntingdonshire's fascinating history
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 New trophies to celebrate achievement at St Neots school
- 8 Palmer's 'flagship' £100k homes will be council houses
- 9 A fund has been set up in memory of Nathan Cowell
- 10 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera