Road claims another victim
A HUNTINGDON woman remains in hospital after she was involved in a crash on the same stretch of road that claimed the life of teenager Warren Hay. Police were called at 2.15pm on Friday to reports of a collision at the Kings Ripton Road junction of the A
A HUNTINGDON woman remains in hospital after she was involved in a crash on the same stretch of road that claimed the life of teenager Warren Hay.
Police were called at 2.15pm on Friday to reports of a collision at the Kings Ripton Road junction of the A141 in Huntingdon.
The latest incident involved a green Land Rover Freelander and a black Ford Escort.
Newlyweds Adam and Nina Barber, of Kent Road, Huntingdon had been travelling in the Freelander, which ended up in a ditch following the collision.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Barber, 29, was airlifted to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge with serious injuries. At the time of going to press her condition was described as stable and improving.
Mr Barber was treated at the scene by paramedics. The driver of the Escort is believed to have escaped uninjured.
- 1 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 2 St Neots Covid vaccination centre is on the move
- 3 Colourful benches have been placed in St Neots
- 4 Body discovered in Hartford believed to be missing Nathan
- 5 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 6 Car crashes into safety barriers as driver flees scene
- 7 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 8 Burglars used paving slabs and sledge hammers to smash into homes
- 9 Buckle hits half-century but Hunts boys fall to Northants defeat
- 10 Paedophile offered 'naked massages' to undercover police officer
Warren Hay, 16, of Alconbury, died on Sunday May 13 trying to cross the A141 near to the Kings Ripton Road junction.
More than 7,600 people have signed a petition calling on Cambridgeshire County Council to introduce safety measures on the road.
INFORMATION: Anyone with information about the crash is asked to contact police on 0845 4564564.