River trips idea
£1MILLION not enough? (The Hunts Post, May 30). Let s all think again. It s unrealistic to want to overspend the £1 million by putting forward projects that could go disastrously wrong and using that money for other businesses to make a profit from that i
£1MILLION not enough? (The Hunts Post, May 30). Let's all think again.
It's unrealistic to want to overspend the £1 million by putting forward projects that could go disastrously wrong and using that money for other businesses to make a profit from that investment. Take the gift for what it's for - St Neots town.
Develop the existing jetty alongside St Neots river bridge and make it user-friendly. Create a boarding area suitable for older and disabled people.
Buy a decent-sized river cruiser, unlike the previous vessel which looked decidedly untrustworthy. With ample remaining funds, a programme of maintenance, over-winter storage, improvements and general upkeep can be sustained for years to come.
You may also want to watch:
In my opinion, river trips promote and enhance St Neots and that's where the money must go. Also, I believe the benefactor should be remembered in the naming and at the launch.
PETE MESSENGER, Clover Road, Eaton Socon
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 Drug dealer who 'exploited vulnerable people' linked to 101 wraps of cocaine
- 3 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Fundraisers hit £400,000 milestone after month of charity challenges
- 6 Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon
- 7 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 8 Computing pioneer Sir Clive Sinclair who had links to St Ives dies aged 81
- 9 Spuds in a bucket competition at the gardening club
- 10 Awards for firm celebrating 10th anniversary