River trips idea
£1MILLION not enough? (The Hunts Post, May 30). Let s all think again. It s unrealistic to want to overspend the £1 million by putting forward projects that could go disastrously wrong and using that money for other businesses to make a profit from that i
£1MILLION not enough? (The Hunts Post, May 30). Let's all think again.
It's unrealistic to want to overspend the £1 million by putting forward projects that could go disastrously wrong and using that money for other businesses to make a profit from that investment. Take the gift for what it's for - St Neots town.
Develop the existing jetty alongside St Neots river bridge and make it user-friendly. Create a boarding area suitable for older and disabled people.
Buy a decent-sized river cruiser, unlike the previous vessel which looked decidedly untrustworthy. With ample remaining funds, a programme of maintenance, over-winter storage, improvements and general upkeep can be sustained for years to come.
You may also want to watch:
In my opinion, river trips promote and enhance St Neots and that's where the money must go. Also, I believe the benefactor should be remembered in the naming and at the launch.
PETE MESSENGER, Clover Road, Eaton Socon
- 1 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 2 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 3 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed
- 4 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 5 Cambs police officer saves life of man who overdosed in park
- 6 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 7 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 8 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 9 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 10 St Neots has elected its new mayor and deputy mayor