River trips idea
£1MILLION not enough? (The Hunts Post, May 30). Let s all think again. It s unrealistic to want to overspend the £1 million by putting forward projects that could go disastrously wrong and using that money for other businesses to make a profit from that i
£1MILLION not enough? (The Hunts Post, May 30). Let's all think again.
It's unrealistic to want to overspend the £1 million by putting forward projects that could go disastrously wrong and using that money for other businesses to make a profit from that investment. Take the gift for what it's for - St Neots town.
Develop the existing jetty alongside St Neots river bridge and make it user-friendly. Create a boarding area suitable for older and disabled people.
Buy a decent-sized river cruiser, unlike the previous vessel which looked decidedly untrustworthy. With ample remaining funds, a programme of maintenance, over-winter storage, improvements and general upkeep can be sustained for years to come.
In my opinion, river trips promote and enhance St Neots and that's where the money must go. Also, I believe the benefactor should be remembered in the naming and at the launch.
PETE MESSENGER, Clover Road, Eaton Socon
- 1 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 2 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 3 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 5 Huntingdon bookshop gets share of £2m online profits
- 6 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 7 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 8 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 9 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 10 Will Young talks about handcuffing himself to the Camp Beagle gates