Rider, 39, crashed into lost’ driver
A MOTORCYCLIST died after he crashed into a car as the lost driver tried to turn right, an inquest was told. Malcolm Anderson, 39, of Taverners Drive, Ramsey, had been riding to work at Cambridge Motorcycles in Cambridge. His Kawasaki motorcycle crashed i
A MOTORCYCLIST died after he crashed into a car as the lost driver tried to turn right, an inquest was told.
Malcolm Anderson, 39, of Taverners Drive, Ramsey, had been riding to work at Cambridge Motorcycles in Cambridge.
His Kawasaki motorcycle crashed into a Volkswagen Passat, driven by 27-year-old Natalie Marsh, from Newmarket.
The accident happened just after 8am on August 21 last year at the junction of the B1086 and B1089 at Somersham, near The Windmill pub.
Last Thursday, Cambridge Coroner's Court heard that Mrs Marsh had become lost on her journey home from work in Boxworth and was trying to retrace her path down the B1086.
As she tried to turn right, Mr Anderson crashed into her car.
- 1 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 3 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 4 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 5 OBITUARY: village resident Roma aged 101 dies
- 6 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 7 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 8 Bypass and junction improvements preferred plan for St Ives
- 9 Buckfest named as Cambridgeshire's best festival
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
Mrs Marsh told the court that she had not seen Mr Anderson approaching.
Witnesses, who had seen Mr Anderson moments before the crash, told the inquest the motorbike enthusiast had been "travelling at high speeds".
Collision investigator Pc John Blood said Mr Anderson's death had been the result of an "ill-conceived overtaking manoeuvre".
Mr Anderson had been due to marry Tracy Florentin this year and the couple were planning to move to France to set up a motorbike tour business.
Coroner David Morris recorded a verdict of accidental death.
* Natalie Marsh has been charged with driving without due care and attention and is due to appear before magistrates on February 1.