Rider, 39, crashed into lost’ driver
A MOTORCYCLIST died after he crashed into a car as the lost driver tried to turn right, an inquest was told. Malcolm Anderson, 39, of Taverners Drive, Ramsey, had been riding to work at Cambridge Motorcycles in Cambridge. His Kawasaki motorcycle crashed i
A MOTORCYCLIST died after he crashed into a car as the lost driver tried to turn right, an inquest was told.
Malcolm Anderson, 39, of Taverners Drive, Ramsey, had been riding to work at Cambridge Motorcycles in Cambridge.
His Kawasaki motorcycle crashed into a Volkswagen Passat, driven by 27-year-old Natalie Marsh, from Newmarket.
The accident happened just after 8am on August 21 last year at the junction of the B1086 and B1089 at Somersham, near The Windmill pub.
You may also want to watch:
Last Thursday, Cambridge Coroner's Court heard that Mrs Marsh had become lost on her journey home from work in Boxworth and was trying to retrace her path down the B1086.
As she tried to turn right, Mr Anderson crashed into her car.
- 1 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 2 St Neots Covid vaccination centre is on the move
- 3 Colourful benches have been placed in St Neots
- 4 Body discovered in Hartford believed to be missing Nathan
- 5 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 6 Car crashes into safety barriers as driver flees scene
- 7 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 8 Burglars used paving slabs and sledge hammers to smash into homes
- 9 Paedophile offered 'naked massages' to undercover police officer
- 10 Buckle hits half-century but Hunts boys fall to Northants defeat
Mrs Marsh told the court that she had not seen Mr Anderson approaching.
Witnesses, who had seen Mr Anderson moments before the crash, told the inquest the motorbike enthusiast had been "travelling at high speeds".
Collision investigator Pc John Blood said Mr Anderson's death had been the result of an "ill-conceived overtaking manoeuvre".
Mr Anderson had been due to marry Tracy Florentin this year and the couple were planning to move to France to set up a motorbike tour business.
Coroner David Morris recorded a verdict of accidental death.
* Natalie Marsh has been charged with driving without due care and attention and is due to appear before magistrates on February 1.