MY husband and I have recently been using the buses for getting around and have found it a pleasant experience. They are always on time, reasonably frequent, clean, and with friendly drivers. But, on arrival at the bus station and needing the toilet, we r
MY husband and I have recently been using the buses for getting around and have found it a pleasant experience. They are always on time, reasonably frequent, clean, and with friendly drivers.
But, on arrival at the bus station and needing the toilet, we received quite a shock. They were deplorable.
My husband said the Gents' was revolting, with at least an inch of water all over the floor. The Ladies', too, was pretty depressing.
When you think of how many people are getting off buses and coaches, some having travelled quite a distance, in need of this facility, I can't imagine what visitors make of it.
You may also want to watch:
When I think of the millions of pounds being spent on revamping Huntingdon, with stunning offices, nice new shops and pretty flower beds, letting the whole place down with no decent public toilets is a shame.
Surely some money could have been set aside for this very necessary facility.
- 1 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 2 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 3 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 4 Delicious dessert shop 'Snik Snax' opens
- 5 Homebirths suspended at Hinchingbrooke Hospital due to staff shortages
- 6 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 7 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 8 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 9 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 10 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
DOREEN MAYERS, Ashleigh Court, Warboys
* Editor's note: Huntingdonshire District Council said the toilets would be replaced as part of a scheme to re-vamp the bus station. Work could start in October 2008, if the council's cabinet authorised the expenditure in February. In the meantime, it was investigating the complaint and would make any necessary repairs.