MY husband and I have recently been using the buses for getting around and have found it a pleasant experience. They are always on time, reasonably frequent, clean, and with friendly drivers. But, on arrival at the bus station and needing the toilet, we r
MY husband and I have recently been using the buses for getting around and have found it a pleasant experience. They are always on time, reasonably frequent, clean, and with friendly drivers.
But, on arrival at the bus station and needing the toilet, we received quite a shock. They were deplorable.
My husband said the Gents' was revolting, with at least an inch of water all over the floor. The Ladies', too, was pretty depressing.
When you think of how many people are getting off buses and coaches, some having travelled quite a distance, in need of this facility, I can't imagine what visitors make of it.
When I think of the millions of pounds being spent on revamping Huntingdon, with stunning offices, nice new shops and pretty flower beds, letting the whole place down with no decent public toilets is a shame.
Surely some money could have been set aside for this very necessary facility.
- 1 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 2 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 3 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 4 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 5 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 6 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 7 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 8 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 9 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 10 Huge spike in safety complaints due to 'bedroom sellers' during pandemic
DOREEN MAYERS, Ashleigh Court, Warboys
* Editor's note: Huntingdonshire District Council said the toilets would be replaced as part of a scheme to re-vamp the bus station. Work could start in October 2008, if the council's cabinet authorised the expenditure in February. In the meantime, it was investigating the complaint and would make any necessary repairs.