Review: St Ives Summer Festival, Nobles Field, July 15
THE weather could not have been more beautiful or more apt for the St Ives Summer Festival at Nobles Field on Saturday. There was barely a cloud in the sky and every other person in attendance seemed extremely content with either a beer or ice cream in th
THE weather could not have been more beautiful or more apt for the St Ives Summer Festival at Nobles Field on Saturday.
There was barely a cloud in the sky and every other person in attendance seemed extremely content with either a beer or ice cream in their hand.
A regatta took place on the nearby river and a string of bands played from a marquee, sheltered from the powerful heat.
Relaxed in deck chairs the changing audience watched and listened on. My own band, Alighting, played an acoustic set - along with Trevor Jones and Tony Page, an Irish band, a glam rock covers band and three-piece Twisted Wheel.
You may also want to watch:
Partly from a performer's point of view, but mainly from that of a happy onlooker - the event was the best I've known in St Ives.
The day was certainly helped by the incredible weather, but the mix of events, artists and stunning setting by the river brought a very English feel to a great occasion.
- 1 Seven arrested after £70k-worth of bicycles stolen
- 2 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 3 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 4 Village job club providing vital service
- 5 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 6 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 8 New programme of events for Commemoration Hall
- 9 Benefits cut will leave Hunts families 'in debt', warns charity
- 10 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’