Review: St Ives Summer Festival, Nobles Field, July 15
THE weather could not have been more beautiful or more apt for the St Ives Summer Festival at Nobles Field on Saturday. There was barely a cloud in the sky and every other person in attendance seemed extremely content with either a beer or ice cream in th
THE weather could not have been more beautiful or more apt for the St Ives Summer Festival at Nobles Field on Saturday.
There was barely a cloud in the sky and every other person in attendance seemed extremely content with either a beer or ice cream in their hand.
A regatta took place on the nearby river and a string of bands played from a marquee, sheltered from the powerful heat.
Relaxed in deck chairs the changing audience watched and listened on. My own band, Alighting, played an acoustic set - along with Trevor Jones and Tony Page, an Irish band, a glam rock covers band and three-piece Twisted Wheel.
Partly from a performer's point of view, but mainly from that of a happy onlooker - the event was the best I've known in St Ives.
The day was certainly helped by the incredible weather, but the mix of events, artists and stunning setting by the river brought a very English feel to a great occasion.
- 1 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 A lost wedding photo uncovers a heartbreaking story
- 4 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 5 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 6 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in village
- 7 Off duty nurse saves a man's life by performing CPR
- 8 Vehicle caught fire on A1 near St Neots
- 9 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 10 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years