Review: St Ives Summer Festival, Nobles Field, July 15
THE weather could not have been more beautiful or more apt for the St Ives Summer Festival at Nobles Field on Saturday. There was barely a cloud in the sky and every other person in attendance seemed extremely content with either a beer or ice cream in th
THE weather could not have been more beautiful or more apt for the St Ives Summer Festival at Nobles Field on Saturday.
There was barely a cloud in the sky and every other person in attendance seemed extremely content with either a beer or ice cream in their hand.
A regatta took place on the nearby river and a string of bands played from a marquee, sheltered from the powerful heat.
Relaxed in deck chairs the changing audience watched and listened on. My own band, Alighting, played an acoustic set - along with Trevor Jones and Tony Page, an Irish band, a glam rock covers band and three-piece Twisted Wheel.
You may also want to watch:
Partly from a performer's point of view, but mainly from that of a happy onlooker - the event was the best I've known in St Ives.
The day was certainly helped by the incredible weather, but the mix of events, artists and stunning setting by the river brought a very English feel to a great occasion.
- 1 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 2 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 St Neots care assistant Jack set to shine in BBC Three's Glow Up
- 5 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 6 Ventriloquist shares career highlights after retiring in Huntingdon
- 7 Fish and Chip shop wins award
- 8 Memories of St Neots' town centre
- 9 For sale: Spacious two bedroom bungalow with generous plots in Hartford
- 10 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'