Review: Glasvegas @Cambridge Barfly
I VE not been so in love with a new band for many years. This was a wonderful show, but it felt like I d watched an exhilarating trailer for a film yet to be released. The Glasgow four-piece, dressed in black and with Joe Strummer/rockabilly haircuts mix
I'VE not been so in love with a new band for many years. This was a wonderful show, but it felt like I'd watched an exhilarating trailer for a film yet to be released.
The Glasgow four-piece, dressed in black and with Joe Strummer/rockabilly haircuts mixed down-to-earth, introspective lyrics with the epic layered noises of Phil Spector.
Daddy's Gone and It's My Own Cheating Heart That Makes Me Cry tower with powerful soaring melodies and honest emotions.
They finish on a brilliantly rough cover of Be My Baby. The band have just signed a record deal and are heading to America for a handful of shows in March. From the north of Britain to the south-west of America - this band, I hope, are going to have their name in the brightest lights.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 4 Woman stole from terminally-ill mother
- 5 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
- 6 Prison for dealer who rammed police car
- 7 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 8 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 9 Nurses Day 2021: You thank our dedicated Hunts nurses for their care
- 10 Dr Nik in Ely for his first day as Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Mayor