Review: Glasvegas @Cambridge Barfly
I VE not been so in love with a new band for many years. This was a wonderful show, but it felt like I d watched an exhilarating trailer for a film yet to be released. The Glasgow four-piece, dressed in black and with Joe Strummer/rockabilly haircuts mix
I'VE not been so in love with a new band for many years. This was a wonderful show, but it felt like I'd watched an exhilarating trailer for a film yet to be released.
The Glasgow four-piece, dressed in black and with Joe Strummer/rockabilly haircuts mixed down-to-earth, introspective lyrics with the epic layered noises of Phil Spector.
Daddy's Gone and It's My Own Cheating Heart That Makes Me Cry tower with powerful soaring melodies and honest emotions.
They finish on a brilliantly rough cover of Be My Baby. The band have just signed a record deal and are heading to America for a handful of shows in March. From the north of Britain to the south-west of America - this band, I hope, are going to have their name in the brightest lights.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Huntingdon home to one of the most 'luxurious' breakfasts in the UK
- 2 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 3 Sewer network improvements in £600k investment for St Neots
- 4 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 5 Pigeons still roosting on old A14 bridge despite preventative mesh
- 6 Widow, 80, cleans blocked drain in Buckden after 'several floods'
- 7 Four dogs rescued after being abandoned on A14
- 8 Visiting to resume at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary
- 10 Rural theft cost Cambridgeshire £2 million in 2020