Huntingdon Commemoration Hall ROCKINBEERFEST s series of fundraising shows at the Commemoration Hall in Huntingdon got off to a fantastic start on Friday, October 27. Real ale and real music were the order of the day with a big crowd enjoying both. Band f
Huntingdon Commemoration Hall
ROCKINBEERFEST's series of fundraising shows at the Commemoration Hall in Huntingdon got off to a fantastic start on Friday, October 27.
Real ale and real music were the order of the day with a big crowd enjoying both. Band founder Ray Minhinnett is an exceptional guitarist and truly submerges himself in the intricacies and style of Eric Clapton's playing. I'm not a fan of fret-gymnastics on the guitar - it shouldn't simply be a workout for the fingers or a feat of dexterity.
As I believe is the case with Clapton - the music's first - the sound, the tone, the feeling and Ray understands and replicates all of these wonderfully.
You may also want to watch:
Ray has previously described the band as an appreciation rather than a tribute and I think that is very noticeable and in their favour. There is no attempt to replicate Cream's appearance and they are never role-playing. They are simply three great musicians playing the songs of a band they clearly love.
The next Rockinbeerfest night at the Commemoration Hall sees La Vida Santana on November 25.
- 1 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 2 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 3 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 4 Delicious dessert shop 'Snik Snax' opens
- 5 Homebirths suspended at Hinchingbrooke Hospital due to staff shortages
- 6 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 7 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 8 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 9 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 10 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31