Remain patient over third Cambourne school, council urges
A COUNCIL has urged parents to be patient while it deals with plans for Cambourne s much-needed third primary school. The school is wrapped up in a series of planning applications which are being dealt with by South Cambridgeshire District Council (SCDC).
A COUNCIL has urged parents to be patient while it deals with plans for Cambourne's much-needed third primary school.
The school is wrapped up in a series of planning applications which are being dealt with by South Cambridgeshire District Council (SCDC).
One application is for an extra 950 homes at Cambourne, a second is for the school.
However, the school plan is linked to the homes plan and it is only if this application is approved, that SCDC can ask the developers to provide land for the school.
You may also want to watch:
Chief executive Greg Harlock said: "We have to follow the prescribed planning process for this application as we would with any other.
"It's important for the Cambourne community that this application is right, and any suggestion that we should approve the application in order to secure a school is inappropriate and misleading."
- 1 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 2 Patients avoided going to the doctor out of fear of 'catching Covid'
- 3 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 4 Hoax caller flouted strict court order after just three days
- 5 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
- 6 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 7 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 8 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 9 New community space opens at Alconbury Weald
- 10 Homebirths suspended at Hinchingbrooke Hospital due to staff shortages
The delay in the opening the third school could see some children facing a 15-mile-round trip to Hardwick School because Cambourne's two primary schools are full.
Cambridgeshire County Council is planning to provide a temporary school, but this will not open until September 2009.