Remain patient over third Cambourne school, council urges
A COUNCIL has urged parents to be patient while it deals with plans for Cambourne s much-needed third primary school. The school is wrapped up in a series of planning applications which are being dealt with by South Cambridgeshire District Council (SCDC).
A COUNCIL has urged parents to be patient while it deals with plans for Cambourne's much-needed third primary school.
The school is wrapped up in a series of planning applications which are being dealt with by South Cambridgeshire District Council (SCDC).
One application is for an extra 950 homes at Cambourne, a second is for the school.
However, the school plan is linked to the homes plan and it is only if this application is approved, that SCDC can ask the developers to provide land for the school.
You may also want to watch:
Chief executive Greg Harlock said: "We have to follow the prescribed planning process for this application as we would with any other.
"It's important for the Cambourne community that this application is right, and any suggestion that we should approve the application in order to secure a school is inappropriate and misleading."
- 1 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 2 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 3 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 4 Family-run business with expanding reputation
- 5 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 6 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 7 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 8 St Neots has elected its new mayor and deputy mayor
- 9 For sale: Carefully crafted, new build homes with generous plots in rural village of Clopton
- 10 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
The delay in the opening the third school could see some children facing a 15-mile-round trip to Hardwick School because Cambourne's two primary schools are full.
Cambridgeshire County Council is planning to provide a temporary school, but this will not open until September 2009.