Rein of error
I FIND Vernon Turner s comments (Letters, January 17) rather amusing, but misinformed. The pony and my daughter are adequately insured for road use. He is regularly shod to protect his hooves from the asphalt, and has a full MoT , as Mr Turner calls it,
I FIND Vernon Turner's comments (Letters, January 17) rather amusing, but misinformed.
The pony and my daughter are adequately insured for road use. He is regularly shod to protect his hooves from the asphalt, and has a full "MoT", as Mr Turner calls it, to state that he is fit and healthy. I've never heard of an emissions test on a pony - does it test how many times he breaks wind?
The pony does not queue at the Post Office. I don't think he would fit through the door. If he needed a tax disc, I'm not sure where I would put it. I also did not have to queue for my tax disc. I got it online in seconds.
Manure is an excellent fertiliser. It is the car ruining the planet, not the horse.
You may also want to watch:
I do not scoop the droppings, as this would cause a traffic jam. We are lucky to have a pony that hardly ever disgraces himself in public.
I would love to buy a horsebox, but money dictates otherwise - unless Mr Turner is offering - to avoid being inconvenienced by the one horsepower speed.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Mother pleads for housing 'electrical checks' after losing children in fire
- 5 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 6 Bustling market town that had 64 pubs at one time
- 7 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 8 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 9 St Neots East seat announced after nail-biting three recounts
- 10 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed
All we are asking for is common sense, not ignorance.
DEBBIE ANDREWS, Kingsbrook, St Ives