Register your view
Whenever we run a consultation exercise, a body of opinion brands it a farce . We were not listening, we had already made our minds up, etc, etc. The most consistent complaint we have is from people who are absolutely convinced that only their opinion ca
Whenever we run a consultation exercise, a body of opinion brands it "a farce". We were not listening, we had already made our minds up, etc, etc.
The most consistent complaint we have is from people who are absolutely convinced that only their opinion can be right. Therefore, if we do not agree, that proves conclusively that we were not listening.
Well, now is your chance to be involved in a real consultation over the future of our registration service - the registrar of births, marriages and deaths. We think it needs dragging into the 21st Century.
Should you be restricted to the register office within whose area you live? Should you have to make appointments during (Victorian) office hours? What should you be able to do over the telephone or on line?
You may also want to watch:
Go to www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/
community/bmd/bmd2021 and let us have your views. We will listen to what you have to say. We might even agree with you ... stranger things have happened!
- 1 Huntingdon home to one of the most 'luxurious' breakfasts in the UK
- 2 Four dogs rescued after being abandoned on A14
- 3 Pigeons still roosting on old A14 bridge despite preventative mesh
- 4 Sewer network improvements in £600k investment for St Neots
- 5 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 6 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 7 Widow, 80, cleans blocked drain in Buckden after 'several floods'
- 8 Visiting to resume at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 Rural theft cost Cambridgeshire £2 million in 2020
- 10 'Thank you so much!' - fundraising bid secures new wheelchair for Ellamae