Register your view
Whenever we run a consultation exercise, a body of opinion brands it a farce . We were not listening, we had already made our minds up, etc, etc. The most consistent complaint we have is from people who are absolutely convinced that only their opinion ca
Whenever we run a consultation exercise, a body of opinion brands it "a farce". We were not listening, we had already made our minds up, etc, etc.
The most consistent complaint we have is from people who are absolutely convinced that only their opinion can be right. Therefore, if we do not agree, that proves conclusively that we were not listening.
Well, now is your chance to be involved in a real consultation over the future of our registration service - the registrar of births, marriages and deaths. We think it needs dragging into the 21st Century.
Should you be restricted to the register office within whose area you live? Should you have to make appointments during (Victorian) office hours? What should you be able to do over the telephone or on line?
Go to www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/
community/bmd/bmd2021 and let us have your views. We will listen to what you have to say. We might even agree with you ... stranger things have happened!
- 1 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 2 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 3 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 4 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 5 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Huntingdon is full of Christmas cheer
- 8 Could you give these pets a home?
- 9 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 10 Huntingdon Racecourse - surviving the pandemic and then came the floods!