Register your view
Whenever we run a consultation exercise, a body of opinion brands it a farce . We were not listening, we had already made our minds up, etc, etc. The most consistent complaint we have is from people who are absolutely convinced that only their opinion ca
Whenever we run a consultation exercise, a body of opinion brands it "a farce". We were not listening, we had already made our minds up, etc, etc.
The most consistent complaint we have is from people who are absolutely convinced that only their opinion can be right. Therefore, if we do not agree, that proves conclusively that we were not listening.
Well, now is your chance to be involved in a real consultation over the future of our registration service - the registrar of births, marriages and deaths. We think it needs dragging into the 21st Century.
Should you be restricted to the register office within whose area you live? Should you have to make appointments during (Victorian) office hours? What should you be able to do over the telephone or on line?
You may also want to watch:
Go to www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/
community/bmd/bmd2021 and let us have your views. We will listen to what you have to say. We might even agree with you ... stranger things have happened!
- 1 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 2 One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 4 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 5 Hunts Post Reader Photos for this week
- 6 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 7 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 8 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
- 9 Tim retires after 25 years with law firm
- 10 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots