Refuse bin notices wasteful
I AM amazed that Huntingdonshire District Council is prepared to finance these wonderful plastic do-not-disturb-style refuse collection date amendment notifications each time there is a major Bank Holiday. I am sure the Council Tax budget would be better
I AM amazed that Huntingdonshire District Council is prepared to finance these wonderful plastic do-not-disturb-style refuse collection date amendment notifications each time there is a major Bank Holiday.
I am sure the Council Tax budget would be better served by simply announcing the amendment for collection dates in one of the local freely-distributed newspapers, such as The Hunts Post. This works perfectly well in other places where I have lived and is surely significantly cheaper and more environmentally beneficial than creating thousands more plastic cards.
By the way, the HDC is to be congratulated on its refuse and recycling collection system. The selection of the larger Schaefer multi-coloured refuse bins and the efficient collection regularity works extremely well, making the system in this county easily as good as anywhere.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Huntingdon home to one of the most 'luxurious' breakfasts in the UK
- 2 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 3 Sewer network improvements in £600k investment for St Neots
- 4 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 5 Pigeons still roosting on old A14 bridge despite preventative mesh
- 6 Widow, 80, cleans blocked drain in Buckden after 'several floods'
- 7 Four dogs rescued after being abandoned on A14
- 8 Visiting to resume at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary
- 10 Rural theft cost Cambridgeshire £2 million in 2020
Editor's note: Not all homes in the district receive free newspapers.