Refuse bin notices wasteful
I AM amazed that Huntingdonshire District Council is prepared to finance these wonderful plastic do-not-disturb-style refuse collection date amendment notifications each time there is a major Bank Holiday. I am sure the Council Tax budget would be better
I AM amazed that Huntingdonshire District Council is prepared to finance these wonderful plastic do-not-disturb-style refuse collection date amendment notifications each time there is a major Bank Holiday.
I am sure the Council Tax budget would be better served by simply announcing the amendment for collection dates in one of the local freely-distributed newspapers, such as The Hunts Post. This works perfectly well in other places where I have lived and is surely significantly cheaper and more environmentally beneficial than creating thousands more plastic cards.
By the way, the HDC is to be congratulated on its refuse and recycling collection system. The selection of the larger Schaefer multi-coloured refuse bins and the efficient collection regularity works extremely well, making the system in this county easily as good as anywhere.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 3 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 4 Prison for dealer who rammed police car
- 5 Woman stole from terminally-ill mother
- 6 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
- 7 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 8 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 9 Nurses Day 2021: You thank our dedicated Hunts nurses for their care
- 10 Dr Nik in Ely for his first day as Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Mayor
Editor's note: Not all homes in the district receive free newspapers.