Refurbished swimming pool set to re-open
ST Neots swimming pool is set to re-open on Monday (April 21) after a major facelift. The leisure centre pool next to St Neots Community College in Eynesbury has been closed since late last summer to allow for a £500,000 refurbishment. Improvements to th
ST Neots swimming pool is set to re-open on Monday (April 21) after a major facelift.
The leisure centre pool next to St Neots Community College in Eynesbury has been closed since late last summer to allow for a £500,000 refurbishment.
Improvements to the swimming pool include a new pool roof, reception and lobby area, changing rooms, showers, toilets and lockers.
The work was needed after a survey of the pool hall roof found that it would be sensible to consider replacing it to ensure further leaks did not develop.
You may also want to watch:
The work was funded by Huntingdonshire District Council and Cambridgeshire County Council.
Councillor Doug Dew, portfolio holder for leisure centres on HDC, said: "Our investment in St Neots pool reflects our continuing support for the leisure centres in the district.
- 1 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 2 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 3 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 4 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 5 Family-run business with expanding reputation
- 6 St Neots has elected its new mayor and deputy mayor
- 7 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 8 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 9 Ten motorists charged with drink driving over Bank Holiday weekend
- 10 For sale: Carefully crafted, new build homes with generous plots in rural village of Clopton
"This is one of a number of major projects aimed at improving the quality of our facilities and encouraging increased numbers of happy and healthy customers of all ages.