Refurbished swimming pool set to re-open
ST Neots swimming pool is set to re-open on Monday (April 21) after a major facelift. The leisure centre pool next to St Neots Community College in Eynesbury has been closed since late last summer to allow for a £500,000 refurbishment. Improvements to th
ST Neots swimming pool is set to re-open on Monday (April 21) after a major facelift.
The leisure centre pool next to St Neots Community College in Eynesbury has been closed since late last summer to allow for a £500,000 refurbishment.
Improvements to the swimming pool include a new pool roof, reception and lobby area, changing rooms, showers, toilets and lockers.
The work was needed after a survey of the pool hall roof found that it would be sensible to consider replacing it to ensure further leaks did not develop.
The work was funded by Huntingdonshire District Council and Cambridgeshire County Council.
Councillor Doug Dew, portfolio holder for leisure centres on HDC, said: "Our investment in St Neots pool reflects our continuing support for the leisure centres in the district.
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 3 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 4 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 5 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 6 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 7 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 8 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 9 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 10 Councillors vote to continue school transport for special needs schools
"This is one of a number of major projects aimed at improving the quality of our facilities and encouraging increased numbers of happy and healthy customers of all ages.