Refurbished swimming pool set to re-open
ST Neots swimming pool is set to re-open on Monday (April 21) after a major facelift. The leisure centre pool next to St Neots Community College in Eynesbury has been closed since late last summer to allow for a £500,000 refurbishment. Improvements to th
ST Neots swimming pool is set to re-open on Monday (April 21) after a major facelift.
The leisure centre pool next to St Neots Community College in Eynesbury has been closed since late last summer to allow for a £500,000 refurbishment.
Improvements to the swimming pool include a new pool roof, reception and lobby area, changing rooms, showers, toilets and lockers.
The work was needed after a survey of the pool hall roof found that it would be sensible to consider replacing it to ensure further leaks did not develop.
You may also want to watch:
The work was funded by Huntingdonshire District Council and Cambridgeshire County Council.
Councillor Doug Dew, portfolio holder for leisure centres on HDC, said: "Our investment in St Neots pool reflects our continuing support for the leisure centres in the district.
- 1 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 2 Alconbury to benefit from £200,000 flood protection funding
- 3 Seven arrested after £70k-worth of bicycles stolen
- 4 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 5 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary
- 6 New project will enhance river at Godmanchester
- 7 Sewer network improvements in £600k investment for St Neots
- 8 Village job club providing vital service
- 9 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 10 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
"This is one of a number of major projects aimed at improving the quality of our facilities and encouraging increased numbers of happy and healthy customers of all ages.