Reception worry solved
A COUPLE whose wedding plans seemed to collapse just days before the ceremony have had their plans rescued thanks to The Hunts Post Wedding Fayre. They contacted The Hunts Post to say the event helped them find a new venue at the 11th hour. Heather Coles
A COUPLE whose wedding plans seemed to collapse just days before the ceremony have had their plans rescued thanks to The Hunts Post Wedding Fayre.
They contacted The Hunts Post to say the event helped them find a new venue at the 11th hour.
Heather Coles and Rhyse Plummer, aged 19 and 20 from Godmanchester, are due to marry on Saturday on the same date and at the same church as Heather's parents - the Church of St Mary The Virgin, Godmanchester.
However, the couple's day seemed to be in ruins when they found they could no longer use the reception venue they had booked back in 2005.
You may also want to watch:
Heather said: "My mum said, don't worry, we'll find somewhere else. I was in such a state. We have been planning our wedding for two years."
They telephoned the Huntingdon Marriott Hotel, which they had visited at The Hunts Post Wedding Fayre, held there twice a year.
- 1 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 4 Woman stole from terminally-ill mother
- 5 Prison for dealer who rammed police car
- 6 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
- 7 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 8 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 9 Nurses Day 2021: You thank our dedicated Hunts nurses for their care
- 10 Dr Nik in Ely for his first day as Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Mayor
She said: "We got our wedding cars and the photographer from the fayre - and now we have the venue too. Their function rooms were already fully booked up but they are letting us have their dining room. They have been amazing."
Stepping into the breach, the hotel said it could provide the couple's wedding breakfast for 65 people plus an evening party for 80 guests.
INFORMATION: The next Hunts Post Wedding Fayre is on Sunday, October 14. To book a stand, call Tanya Hill on 01480 443416.