Reception worry solved
A COUPLE whose wedding plans seemed to collapse just days before the ceremony have had their plans rescued thanks to The Hunts Post Wedding Fayre. They contacted The Hunts Post to say the event helped them find a new venue at the 11th hour. Heather Coles
A COUPLE whose wedding plans seemed to collapse just days before the ceremony have had their plans rescued thanks to The Hunts Post Wedding Fayre.
They contacted The Hunts Post to say the event helped them find a new venue at the 11th hour.
Heather Coles and Rhyse Plummer, aged 19 and 20 from Godmanchester, are due to marry on Saturday on the same date and at the same church as Heather's parents - the Church of St Mary The Virgin, Godmanchester.
However, the couple's day seemed to be in ruins when they found they could no longer use the reception venue they had booked back in 2005.
You may also want to watch:
Heather said: "My mum said, don't worry, we'll find somewhere else. I was in such a state. We have been planning our wedding for two years."
They telephoned the Huntingdon Marriott Hotel, which they had visited at The Hunts Post Wedding Fayre, held there twice a year.
- 1 Huntingdon home to one of the most 'luxurious' breakfasts in the UK
- 2 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 3 Sewer network improvements in £600k investment for St Neots
- 4 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 5 Pigeons still roosting on old A14 bridge despite preventative mesh
- 6 Widow, 80, cleans blocked drain in Buckden after 'several floods'
- 7 Four dogs rescued after being abandoned on A14
- 8 Visiting to resume at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary
- 10 Rural theft cost Cambridgeshire £2 million in 2020
She said: "We got our wedding cars and the photographer from the fayre - and now we have the venue too. Their function rooms were already fully booked up but they are letting us have their dining room. They have been amazing."
Stepping into the breach, the hotel said it could provide the couple's wedding breakfast for 65 people plus an evening party for 80 guests.
INFORMATION: The next Hunts Post Wedding Fayre is on Sunday, October 14. To book a stand, call Tanya Hill on 01480 443416.