Reasons to vote: Green Party
Your environment starts at your front door. Your home, your street, the trip to school, shops and work, the help available when you are sick - The Green Party is as committed to improving people s daily lives as it is to reducing our impact on climate, co
Your environment starts at your front door. Your home, your street, the trip to school, shops and work, the help available when you are sick - The Green Party is as committed to improving people's daily lives as it is to reducing our impact on climate, countryside and wildlife.
Greens want decent, affordable housing for all. We would work for free cavity and roof insulation for everyone, along with measures such as solar panels to cut bills and cut emissions.
Green councillors would give people their communities back, reducing traffic, cutting speeds and fighting for cheap, clean and efficient public transport.
We would work to keep our schools and health services - all our health services - local. There should be an end to privatisation and an end to the obsession with targets. We would let carers care and teachers teach.
You may also want to watch:
Greens would fight poverty by encouraging credit unions and community banks as an alternative to loan sharks. We would campaign for fairer, greener taxes and for a citizen's income to help people escape the poverty trap. A vote for the Green Party is your one chance for real change and for a just society where all share equal rights and responsibilities.
- 1 Murder most foul in village's historical records
- 2 St Ives schoolboy looking to claim national title with Kettering Town
- 3 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 4 Hundreds sign petition to get drains cleared in Buckden after more flooding
- 5 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 6 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 7 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 8 Read about the interesting history of the village of Broughton
- 9 Family pets and beautiful wildlife for our Readers Photos this week
- 10 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target