Reasons to vote: Conservative
A clean and green environment - The council is the sixth best in the country for recycling, out of just under 400 local authorities. Recycling rates are in excess of 50 per cent. More waste is being recycled than sent to landfill. Accessible services – We
A clean and green environment - The council is the sixth best in the country for recycling, out of just under 400 local authorities. Recycling rates are in excess of 50 per cent. More waste is being recycled than sent to landfill.
Accessible services - We are committed to improving facilities by constructing a new customer service centre, operations centre and depot. The new health centre at Sapley Square is now complete. The Oak Tree Centre is a one-stop shop designed to provide better health care locally.
Affordable housing - Many people struggle to afford housing in the district as a result of massive increases in property prices. The council has supported the recent £4.5 million housing scheme in Kings Ripton Road, which includes 60 new homes for social rent and new build home-buy.
Better transport links - Much is being done to improve our transport infrastructure. The upgrading of the A14 remains of prime importance. The council is also working to improve public transport by offering an integrated system at Huntingdon's train station and reducing congestion on the ring road.
You may also want to watch:
Safe and active communities - Our community safety strategy reflects the priority areas to reduce crime in Huntingdonshire, including the reduction of vehicle crime; acting to reduce anti-social behaviour; reducing shop theft in our market towns, reducing harm caused by drug and alcohol misuse; the reduction of dwelling burglary in hotspot areas.
- 1 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 2 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 3 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed
- 4 Cambs police officer saves life of man who overdosed in park
- 5 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 6 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 7 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 8 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 9 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 10 St Neots has elected its new mayor and deputy mayor