Ready, teddy, jump!
TEDDIES will be falling from the sky over Huntingdonshire next weekend when the World Teddybear Freefall Parachute Championships takes place at Pidley. This year s event, the seventh, is on Saturday, August 18, and will once again raise money for the Pidl
TEDDIES will be falling from the sky over Huntingdonshire next weekend when the World Teddybear Freefall Parachute Championships takes place at Pidley.
This year's event, the seventh, is on Saturday, August 18, and will once again raise money for the Pidley Mountain Rescue Team.
The Somersham Brownies - in nurses' uniforms - will be on hand to stretcher the teddies away following their daredevil drops from a plane.
Ten teddies, each sponsored for a minimum donation of £200 by international or national companies, will make the jump from 500ft. The teddy who lands closest to a marker on the ground wins his sponsors a weekend retreat for two at the Huntingdon Marriott Hotel.
You may also want to watch:
Each teddy will be named after one of the children or adults the Pidley Mountain Rescue Team has helped during the year.
The ironically named Pidley Mountain Rescue Team is based in one of the flattest places in Britain and exists only to raise money for charity. Each month, it donates a piece of equipment to a disabled person.
- 1 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 4 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 5 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 6 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 9 Roman millstone with 2,000-year-old engraving of penis to go on display
- 10 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
INFORMATION: The freefall takes place at 11am at Southview Farm, Pidley (the first farm on the left as you leave Pidley towards Somersham on B1089).