Raunds now, but Hunts for 250 years
THANK you for publishing my concern regarding the viaduct and the A14 proposals. May I explain that, though I now live in Raunds, our families have lived in Godmanchester, Huntingdon and Offord for at least 250 years; and indeed the reasons for the regula
THANK you for publishing my concern regarding the viaduct and the A14 proposals. May I explain that, though I now live in Raunds, our families have lived in Godmanchester, Huntingdon and Offord for at least 250 years; and indeed the reasons for the regular trips to Huntingdon are to care for two elderly relatives who are still there?
Eileen Collier has fears of an elevated Brampton interchange, but the present road is similarly elevated through Huntingdon and Godmanchester on both sides of the river, passing close to residential areas and public open spaces where children play.
Terry Hayward might note that I was not claiming to speak for the residents of Raunds but for people who have known Huntingdon all their lives. I was married there - at Trinity Church; now sadly lost from the High Street.
No doubt your other correspondents enjoy the road improvements which avoid congestion as they travel around the country and which no doubt raised many concerns locally. All aspects must be considered by planners - but beware of NIMBYism. The overall benefits, to solve present day problems and to ensure a better quality of life for future generations, must not be forgotten.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Read about the interesting history of the village of Broughton
- 2 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital today
- 3 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 4 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 5 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 6 Broughton - litter-picking, bell cleaning and great community spirit
- 7 Check out some of Huntingdonshire's fascinating history
- 8 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 9 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 10 Interactive map shows Covid Indian variant cases in Huntingdonshire