Rare bus sighting
THE other morning, much to my surprise, I spotted a bus going along the Huntingdon ring road contra-flow - the same contra-flow that caused many trees to be felled and a pleasant roadside garden to be destroyed.Naturally, it had no passengers, in common
THE other morning, much to my surprise, I spotted a bus going along the Huntingdon ring road contra-flow - the same contra-flow that caused many trees to be felled and a pleasant roadside garden to be destroyed.
Naturally, it had no passengers, in common with most other buses in Huntingdon, which leads me to ask how much the contra-flow cost, how many buses use it each day and how many passengers are on these buses.
Before the council deigns to answer these questions it should remember that Huntingdon is packed with pensioners with nothing better to do than sit at the side of the ring road counting buses and their contents.
Will this folly be repeated with the bus lane to be built along the Hartford Road?
Before work starts on that, is there a single person in whatever department is responsible for this ridiculous idea who will give an estimated cost of the work, say how many trees will be destroyed and how many buses and passengers will use this bus lane, give the actual cost when the work is completed, and give the actual number of buses and passengers using the bus lane?
Also, if taxis are to be allowed to use this lane, how much are the taxis going to contribute to the cost?
- 1 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 2 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in their village
- 3 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 4 13-year-old helped to rescue distressed paddleboarders
- 5 Woman has 'medical episode' during A1(M) crash
- 6 Man fined £300 after being linked to fly-tipping
- 7 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 8 Thousands come together at RAF Wyton for Armed Forces Day
- 9 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 10 Mayor in heated clash with East Cambs Council leader