Rare bus sighting
THE other morning, much to my surprise, I spotted a bus going along the Huntingdon ring road contra-flow - the same contra-flow that caused many trees to be felled and a pleasant roadside garden to be destroyed.Naturally, it had no passengers, in common
THE other morning, much to my surprise, I spotted a bus going along the Huntingdon ring road contra-flow - the same contra-flow that caused many trees to be felled and a pleasant roadside garden to be destroyed.
Naturally, it had no passengers, in common with most other buses in Huntingdon, which leads me to ask how much the contra-flow cost, how many buses use it each day and how many passengers are on these buses.
Before the council deigns to answer these questions it should remember that Huntingdon is packed with pensioners with nothing better to do than sit at the side of the ring road counting buses and their contents.
Will this folly be repeated with the bus lane to be built along the Hartford Road?
You may also want to watch:
Before work starts on that, is there a single person in whatever department is responsible for this ridiculous idea who will give an estimated cost of the work, say how many trees will be destroyed and how many buses and passengers will use this bus lane, give the actual cost when the work is completed, and give the actual number of buses and passengers using the bus lane?
Also, if taxis are to be allowed to use this lane, how much are the taxis going to contribute to the cost?
- 1 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 2 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 3 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 4 Delicious dessert shop 'Snik Snax' opens
- 5 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 6 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 7 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 8 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 10 Homebirths suspended at Hinchingbrooke Hospital due to staff shortages