Ramsey puppy gets head stuck in pool table
A MISCHIEVOUS pup snookered herself and had to be rescued by firefighters and vets after getting its head stuck in a pool table. Four-month-old Lossie, a bearded collie crossed with a Pyrenees mountain dog, caused mayhem last Monday (May 10) afternoon aft
A MISCHIEVOUS pup snookered herself and had to be rescued by firefighters and vets after getting its head stuck in a pool table.
Four-month-old Lossie, a bearded collie crossed with a Pyrenees mountain dog, caused mayhem last Monday (May 10) afternoon after having to be cut free from a pool table.
She had been chasing a cat when she got her head lodged underneath the table in a hole that is used to release the pool balls which have become stuck in the table.
Worried that the puppy might be having trouble breathing, her anxious owners, Emma and Simon tried to pull her from the table, but to no avail.
You may also want to watch:
The couple, of Herne Road, Ramsey St Marys, even resorted to rubbing washing up liquid, cooking oil and shower gel round her head, but nothing would free Lossie.
Mother of three Emma told The Hunts Post: "I thought we would be able to get her out but we couldn't. It was a desperate situation and although we remained calm we were quite scared that Lossie might stop breathing."
- 1 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 3 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 4 Huntingdon man found with stash of drugs and cash is jailed
- 5 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 6 Brampton's 'fantastic' village fete welcomes 4,000 revellers
- 7 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 8 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 9 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 10 Leader champions Huntingdonshire as 'great place to live'
She called Cromwell Veterinary Surgery in Ramsey which sent a vet and a nurse to their house, but they too were unable to free the pup and firefighters were called in.
The crews drilled and cut around Lossie's head and after nearly two hours set her free.
David Fennel, a senior partner at Cromwell Veterinary Surgery, said: "It's quite an unusual thing to happen and luckily the puppy was okay."
Emma added: "Lossie is a typical mischievous puppy and often chases cats but on this occasion it got her into trouble. She is absolutely fine and a few moments after the rescue she was chasing a frisbee in the garden like nothing had happened.