I HAVE lived in Ramsey for nearly 20 years, but there are certain parts of the area that make the town look disgraceful.Any person entering Ramsey along Ramsey St Mary s Road must ask themselves what on earth this place is. There are buildings that have
I HAVE lived in Ramsey for nearly 20 years, but there are certain parts of the area that make the town look disgraceful.
Any person entering Ramsey along Ramsey St Mary's Road must ask themselves what on earth this place is. There are buildings that have been there for years, empty and falling down. Just lately, the bungalow along that road has been burned out.
On the opposite side of the road there is waste ground that the fair used to come to: now it is just a dog walkers' haven for leaving droppings that they think they should not pick up. Also, on the way to Rainbow superstore, an old store shed was burned out years ago, and the ground next to it is a disgrace.
I have no idea who the land or the properties belong to, but all I can say is, if it were my back yard, the council would soon be telling me to get it sorted.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 2 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Tudor history and famous Chinese Bridge in Godmanchester
- 5 Riley turns imagination into reality with best-selling adventure book
- 6 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 7 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 8 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 9 Do you have items of history for nostalgia group?
- 10 Godmanchester community pulled together throughout the pandemic