I HAVE lived in Ramsey for nearly 20 years, but there are certain parts of the area that make the town look disgraceful.Any person entering Ramsey along Ramsey St Mary s Road must ask themselves what on earth this place is. There are buildings that have
I HAVE lived in Ramsey for nearly 20 years, but there are certain parts of the area that make the town look disgraceful.
Any person entering Ramsey along Ramsey St Mary's Road must ask themselves what on earth this place is. There are buildings that have been there for years, empty and falling down. Just lately, the bungalow along that road has been burned out.
On the opposite side of the road there is waste ground that the fair used to come to: now it is just a dog walkers' haven for leaving droppings that they think they should not pick up. Also, on the way to Rainbow superstore, an old store shed was burned out years ago, and the ground next to it is a disgrace.
I have no idea who the land or the properties belong to, but all I can say is, if it were my back yard, the council would soon be telling me to get it sorted.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Seven of the prettiest villages in Huntingdonshire
- 3 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 4 'People are angry' - hundreds protest outside Camp Beagle
- 5 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 6 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 7 300 take part in autonomous shuttle passenger trial
- 8 Strictly's Anton and Giovanni dazzle in sensational return to live theatre
- 9 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 10 Village Focus: Silver coins among ancient finds in Hartford