Ramsey community centre by Christmas
RAMSEY should have its new community centre in time for Christmas – as well as its new Tesco supermarket. The community centre is part of the planning gain requirements agreed with Huntingdonshire District Council as a condition of building the store. S
RAMSEY should have its new community centre in time for Christmas - as well as its new Tesco supermarket.
The community centre is part of the "planning gain" requirements agreed with Huntingdonshire District Council as a condition of building the store.
Subject to planning consent for some of the details, work should start on both the store and the community facility in mid-May, with opening planned for late November, the supermarket giant said this week.
"There will be around 230 jobs in the store and we'll be in touch with Job Centre Plus if the consents are granted to make sure that local people have the opportunity to come and work for us," a Tesco spokesman promised.
You may also want to watch:
"The store will be a bit less than half the size of the sales area in the Huntingdon store but will give people in Ramsey the products and ranges they need for their weekly shop.
"This means that there won't be the same need to travel out of the town for grocery shopping, which means local customers will be able to use the other shops, facilities and services in the town more too.
- 1 East West Rail Route - further consultation going ahead
- 2 Is this the ghost of a nun who haunts an old Huntingdon bridge?
- 3 Man escapes ‘shocking case’ of modern slavery at hand car wash
- 4 Transporter carrying cars bursts into flames in village near St Neots
- 5 Man who died in road crash is named
- 6 Brampton Post Office customers say fond farewell to postmaster
- 7 Godmanchester man used Grindr in attempt to meet ‘teenage boy’
- 8 Kimbolton business announces new CEO
- 9 Fish and Chip shop wins award
- 10 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years