Ramsey community centre by Christmas
RAMSEY should have its new community centre in time for Christmas – as well as its new Tesco supermarket. The community centre is part of the planning gain requirements agreed with Huntingdonshire District Council as a condition of building the store. S
RAMSEY should have its new community centre in time for Christmas - as well as its new Tesco supermarket.
The community centre is part of the "planning gain" requirements agreed with Huntingdonshire District Council as a condition of building the store.
Subject to planning consent for some of the details, work should start on both the store and the community facility in mid-May, with opening planned for late November, the supermarket giant said this week.
"There will be around 230 jobs in the store and we'll be in touch with Job Centre Plus if the consents are granted to make sure that local people have the opportunity to come and work for us," a Tesco spokesman promised.
You may also want to watch:
"The store will be a bit less than half the size of the sales area in the Huntingdon store but will give people in Ramsey the products and ranges they need for their weekly shop.
"This means that there won't be the same need to travel out of the town for grocery shopping, which means local customers will be able to use the other shops, facilities and services in the town more too.
- 1 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 2 Alconbury to benefit from £200,000 flood protection funding
- 3 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 4 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary
- 5 Seven arrested after £70k-worth of bicycles stolen
- 6 New project will enhance river at Godmanchester
- 7 Sewer network improvements in £600k investment for St Neots
- 8 Village job club providing vital service
- 9 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 10 Ramsey Rural Museum's new shop display opens