Ramblers join safety campaign
THE most recent group to join the campaign is the Huntingdon branch of the Ramblers Association. Warren Hay s mother, Maxine contacted the association to question whether the gap in the fence between the A141 and Sapley Road, Huntingdon, could be closed
THE most recent group to join the campaign is the Huntingdon branch of the Ramblers' Association.
Warren Hay's mother, Maxine contacted the association to question whether the gap in the fence between the A141 and Sapley Road, Huntingdon, could be closed to pedestrians.
"I showed a representative from the Ramblers' Association the gap in the fence that kids use as a cut-through to get to Jubilee Park and he was appalled," she said.
Bill Thompson, secretary for the Huntingdon Ramblers' Association, added: "The gap in the fence that leads on to the road is lethal. To think that children are using it is unbelievable. To ask people to use it would be like asking them to commit suicide.
You may also want to watch:
"We would support any campaign that asked for a footbridge across this fast road, as it is absolute madness expecting people to cross it."
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire County Council said closure of the gap was just one of the options it is considering.
- 1 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 2 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Tudor history and famous Chinese Bridge in Godmanchester
- 5 Riley turns imagination into reality with best-selling adventure book
- 6 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 7 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 8 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 9 Do you have items of history for nostalgia group?
- 10 Godmanchester community pulled together throughout the pandemic
The Hunts Post has suggested a light controlled junction on the A141 and Kings Ripton Road. This would allow pedestrians to cross safely and motorists to turn right out of Kings Ripton Road. The speed limit on the A141 would also have to be reduced.