Raising money for Brampton Playgroup
A Brampton family is hoping laughter will provide the funds needed to help a playgroup continue providing care for the village s children. Laurence Miller and Vic Marshall said they want to raise money for Brampton Playgroup as a thank you for the dedicat
A Brampton family is hoping laughter will provide the funds needed to help a playgroup continue providing care for the village's children.
Laurence Miller and Vic Marshall said they want to raise money for Brampton Playgroup as a thank you for the dedication and commitment it has shown towards educating their three-year-old son Ethan, who has ADHD and slight autism.
To say thank you Mr Miller has organised a comedy night - featuring comedian Johnny Dee - to take place at Brampton Millennium Centre this Friday.
Mr Miller, 40, said: "Ethan can be hard work but the staff at the playgroup have worked hard with him and have been very patient. He is two years behind other children his age but thanks to the one-to- one tuition he receives at the playgroup, he is able to interact with other children his age.
You may also want to watch:
"He has come on leaps and bounds and I put that down to the work of the staff at the playgroup. We owe them so much and would have been lost without them."
The money raised will be used by the playgroup to purchase new equipment.
- 1 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 St Neots East seat announced after nail-biting three recounts
- 4 Mother pleads for housing 'electrical checks' after losing children in fire
- 5 Clifford Thomas is the new mayor of Godmanchester
- 6 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 7 Pretty town with lots of independent shops
- 8 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 9 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 10 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed
INFORMATION: The show starts at 7.30pm and ends at midnight. Tickets cost £5 and can be booked by phoning Brampton Playgroup on 01480 350588 or Mr Miller on 01480 392904.