Raising money for Brampton Playgroup
A Brampton family is hoping laughter will provide the funds needed to help a playgroup continue providing care for the village s children. Laurence Miller and Vic Marshall said they want to raise money for Brampton Playgroup as a thank you for the dedicat
A Brampton family is hoping laughter will provide the funds needed to help a playgroup continue providing care for the village's children.
Laurence Miller and Vic Marshall said they want to raise money for Brampton Playgroup as a thank you for the dedication and commitment it has shown towards educating their three-year-old son Ethan, who has ADHD and slight autism.
To say thank you Mr Miller has organised a comedy night - featuring comedian Johnny Dee - to take place at Brampton Millennium Centre this Friday.
Mr Miller, 40, said: "Ethan can be hard work but the staff at the playgroup have worked hard with him and have been very patient. He is two years behind other children his age but thanks to the one-to- one tuition he receives at the playgroup, he is able to interact with other children his age.
You may also want to watch:
"He has come on leaps and bounds and I put that down to the work of the staff at the playgroup. We owe them so much and would have been lost without them."
The money raised will be used by the playgroup to purchase new equipment.
- 1 Woman dies after car hits lamppost in Eaton Ford
- 2 Huge queues and excitement in Huntingdon as shoppers return
- 3 Tribute for inspirational transplant patient Sammi Sparke
- 4 Drivers escape unharmed after lorry and roadworks truck crash on A1m
- 5 Story of "poltergeist activity" at the local pub
- 6 New Shoe Zone 'concept store' opens
- 7 People and businesses in St Neots 'thrilled' as lockdown eases
- 8 Burglar's DNA linked to break in at Ramsey Royal British Legion Club
- 9 New secondary school for St Neots could be open by 2025
- 10 Village was location of rail disaster and hosted music festival for many years
INFORMATION: The show starts at 7.30pm and ends at midnight. Tickets cost £5 and can be booked by phoning Brampton Playgroup on 01480 350588 or Mr Miller on 01480 392904.