Raising money for Brampton Playgroup
A Brampton family is hoping laughter will provide the funds needed to help a playgroup continue providing care for the village s children. Laurence Miller and Vic Marshall said they want to raise money for Brampton Playgroup as a thank you for the dedicat
A Brampton family is hoping laughter will provide the funds needed to help a playgroup continue providing care for the village's children.
Laurence Miller and Vic Marshall said they want to raise money for Brampton Playgroup as a thank you for the dedication and commitment it has shown towards educating their three-year-old son Ethan, who has ADHD and slight autism.
To say thank you Mr Miller has organised a comedy night - featuring comedian Johnny Dee - to take place at Brampton Millennium Centre this Friday.
Mr Miller, 40, said: "Ethan can be hard work but the staff at the playgroup have worked hard with him and have been very patient. He is two years behind other children his age but thanks to the one-to- one tuition he receives at the playgroup, he is able to interact with other children his age.
You may also want to watch:
"He has come on leaps and bounds and I put that down to the work of the staff at the playgroup. We owe them so much and would have been lost without them."
The money raised will be used by the playgroup to purchase new equipment.
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 3 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 4 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 5 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 6 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
- 7 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 8 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 9 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 10 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
INFORMATION: The show starts at 7.30pm and ends at midnight. Tickets cost £5 and can be booked by phoning Brampton Playgroup on 01480 350588 or Mr Miller on 01480 392904.