RAFA 60th anniversary commemorated
The 60th anniversary of the founding of the Royal Air Forces Association – RAFA – in Huntingdon was marked with a parade and church service at All Saints Church in the town s market square. The event also marked 67 years since the Battle of Britain. A pa
The 60th anniversary of the founding of the Royal Air Forces Association - RAFA - in Huntingdon was marked with a parade and church service at All Saints' Church in the town's market square.
The event also marked 67 years since the Battle of Britain.
A parade with 73 Huntingdon Air Training Corps, and 2331 St Ives Squadron was inspected by the Vice-Lord Lieutenant of Cambridgeshire, Jayne Lewin Smith.
The anniversary has been marked by street collections for the association, which supports RAF personnel and their families in times of need. There was also a charity concert by the Huntingdonshire Concert Band at the Free Church, in St Ives, which raised £570. An earlier street collection had raised more than £1,850 for the Wings Appeal and more than £160 was donated by commuters at Huntingdon Railway Station.
You may also want to watch:
Guests at the service and parade included the mayors and deputy mayors of Huntingdon, St Ives, Godmanchester and St Neots. Pictures: HUNTS POST
- 1 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 2 Seven arrested after £70k-worth of bicycles stolen
- 3 Alconbury to benefit from £200,000 flood protection funding
- 4 Village job club providing vital service
- 5 New project will enhance river at Godmanchester
- 6 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 7 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary
- 8 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 9 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 10 Sewer network improvements in £600k investment for St Neots