RAFA 60th anniversary commemorated
The 60th anniversary of the founding of the Royal Air Forces Association – RAFA – in Huntingdon was marked with a parade and church service at All Saints Church in the town s market square. The event also marked 67 years since the Battle of Britain. A pa
The 60th anniversary of the founding of the Royal Air Forces Association - RAFA - in Huntingdon was marked with a parade and church service at All Saints' Church in the town's market square.
The event also marked 67 years since the Battle of Britain.
A parade with 73 Huntingdon Air Training Corps, and 2331 St Ives Squadron was inspected by the Vice-Lord Lieutenant of Cambridgeshire, Jayne Lewin Smith.
The anniversary has been marked by street collections for the association, which supports RAF personnel and their families in times of need. There was also a charity concert by the Huntingdonshire Concert Band at the Free Church, in St Ives, which raised £570. An earlier street collection had raised more than £1,850 for the Wings Appeal and more than £160 was donated by commuters at Huntingdon Railway Station.
You may also want to watch:
Guests at the service and parade included the mayors and deputy mayors of Huntingdon, St Ives, Godmanchester and St Neots. Pictures: HUNTS POST
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 3 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 4 Prison for dealer who rammed police car
- 5 Woman stole from terminally-ill mother
- 6 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
- 7 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 8 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 9 Nurses Day 2021: You thank our dedicated Hunts nurses for their care
- 10 Dr Nik in Ely for his first day as Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Mayor