Racing car firm backs safety campaign
A WORLD famous racing car manufacturing company has pledged its support for the campaign that aims to improve safety on the road where Warren Hay was killed. The Lola Group, which is based in Huntingdon, has included on its newsletter a link to The Warr
A WORLD famous racing car manufacturing company has pledged its support for the campaign that aims to improve safety on the road where Warren Hay was killed.
The Lola Group, which is based in Huntingdon, has included on its newsletter a link to The Warren Hay Road Safety Action Group's online petition on The Hunts Post website. The newsletter has been sent out to about 3,000 customers and clients.
Sam Smith, communications manager for Lola Group, said: "We all know Maxine (Warren's mother) very well as she used to work for Lola and wanted to offer any support we could.
"As a company, we are committed to helping in any way we can."
You may also want to watch:
It is now estimated some 13,000 people have signed the action group's petition calling on Cambridgeshire County Council to provide a safe way of crossing the A141.
Speaking to The Hunts Post, Maxine Hay, said: "It is important to get as many people as possible behind us.
- 1 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 2 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 3 Mother pleads for housing 'electrical checks' after losing children in fire
- 4 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed
- 5 Cambs police officer saves life of man who overdosed in park
- 6 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 7 St Neots East seat announced after nail-biting three recounts
- 8 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 9 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 10 Pretty town with lots of independent shops
"The action group is committed to making this a safe junction for the children and adults of today and for the future safety of all residents in Huntingdon."
In support of the campaign, the BRJ Club in Huntingdon is holding a family fun day in memory of Warren on Monday, August 27, from 10am.
INFORMATION: To support the Warren Hay Road Safety Action Group, sign the online petition on our website at www.huntspost.co.uk