Putting down roots will create new jobs for local people at Alconbury Enterprise Campus
- Credit: Archant
New jobs will be created when leading fruit and flower specialists MMUK and MM Flowers move their headquarters to Alconbury.
The companies, which currently employ more than 400 staff, will move from two separate buildings in Chatteris to a purpose-built facility at the Alconbury Enterprise Campus this month.
With their bespoke base nearing completion, the businesses will recruit 17 employees from the local community to work at the new site.
Andrew West, head of HR for both firms, said: “We are very excited to be moving into our new premises. Where we put down roots it’s very important to us and we are looking forward to becoming part of the Alconbury Weald community and recruiting local people to join our team.
“We believe it is important to invest in the local community, promote a healthy work-life balance and empower our employees to reach their full potential through continuous learning and development.”
You may also want to watch:
Once complete, the company’s 220,000 sq ft headquarters will be one of the largest fresh produce facilities in the UK and will enable them to bring together its grape and flower teams to grow and develop its offering to customers, which include some of the country’s leading supermarkets.
Rebecca Britton, of site owner and developer Urban&Civic, said:
- 1 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 2 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 3 Harrowing video warning from seriously ill 20-year-old who survived Covid
- 4 Here's your 'thank you' messages for school staff
- 5 First patients in St Ives to receive Covid-19 vaccination
- 6 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 7 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 8 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 9 Police investigation closed into deaths of two men in Hunts village
- 10 Covid cases highest in Hunts since pandemic began, new figures reveal
“We are delighted that MMUK
and MM Flowers are joining our growing business community at Alconbury Enterprise Campus.
“Its ethos of sustainability, fair trade and local community involvement fit well with the culture Urban&Civic is promoting at the campus.
“MMUK and MM Flowers are keen to recruit locally and being supported by EDGE, the recruitment and jobs brokerage service, that is helping to match local people to job opportunities at Alconbury Enterprise Campus.”
MMUK is part of the global AMC group which has centres across USA and Canada, South Africa, Spain and Chile, and works with growers across 20 countries worldwide.
The company is recruiting in a variety of roles including production, administration, quality control, maintenance and warehouse operations.
To view job descriptions, visit www.sharperskills.co.uk and apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.