Pupils unite to beat the bullies
TWO anti-bullying groups set up at Hinchingbrooke School in Huntingdon were working extra hard last week to keep pupils safe during anti-bullying week. The Anti-bullying Committee (ABC), run by Year 11 pupils, and the Buddy Scheme, run by sixth formers,
TWO anti-bullying groups set up at Hinchingbrooke School in Huntingdon were working extra hard last week to keep pupils safe during anti-bullying week.
The Anti-bullying Committee (ABC), run by Year 11 pupils, and the Buddy Scheme, run by sixth formers, organised a number of events at the school to make pupils more aware of the help available to them and measures they can take to prevent bullying.
The two groups have been selling lanyards (whistles on string) for £1 and raised £90 for the anti-bullying campaign in three days.
Year 13 pupil Sophie Graves said: "This money will be used for creating a better environment for pupils to meet us and discuss their problems."
You may also want to watch:
The school also held a poster competition in which students were asked to design an anti-bullying poster. The overall winner was Year 9 pupil Katherine Stead whose poster will be laminated and put up around the school.
On Friday everyone at the school was asked to wear blue to symbolise anti-bullying.
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 4 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 5 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 6 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man
- 7 Grants handed out to help people with cancer in Hunts total £17,000
- 8 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 9 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 10 More Readers' Photos for this week
Bernadette Howes, head of social science and sixth form tutor, said: "This is the first time the school has organised something for anti-bullying week and it was a huge success. Bullying is low at Hinchingbrooke School and we put this down to our Buddy scheme and ABC.