Pupils splash out on creative water logo
CREATIVE secondary school pupils in Cambridgeshire are being given the opportunity to design a logo for a new health promotion campaign being launched across the county. Huntingdon-based Anglian Water has set young designers the challenge of coming up wi
CREATIVE secondary school pupils in Cambridgeshire are being given the opportunity to design a logo for a new health promotion campaign being launched across the county.
Huntingdon-based Anglian Water has set young designers the challenge of coming up with a logo for its Water for Health Campaign, which will look at improving drinking water provision for school pupils.
Anglian Water media manager, Collette Nicholls, said: "In order to gain national healthy schools' status, all schools must have available free, easily accessible water for their pupils. Studies have shown that young people who drink plenty of water learn more and are better behaved."
The design competition is aimed at Year 8 and 9 design and technology students.
You may also want to watch:
The winning logo will be announced on April 23 and used on refillable bottles, mains-fed water coolers and posters that will be sent to all secondary schools across the county this summer.
The winning school will win up to four mains-fed water coolers and refillable water bottles, and the winning team will spend a day at a design studio and water bottle manufacturer to see its logo brought to life.
- 1 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 2 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 3 Delicious dessert shop 'Snik Snax' opens
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 6 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 7 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 8 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 10 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
INFORMATION: Entry forms and further details are available from www.anglianwater.co.uk The closing date is April 2.