Pupils splash out on creative water logo
CREATIVE secondary school pupils in Cambridgeshire are being given the opportunity to design a logo for a new health promotion campaign being launched across the county. Huntingdon-based Anglian Water has set young designers the challenge of coming up wi
CREATIVE secondary school pupils in Cambridgeshire are being given the opportunity to design a logo for a new health promotion campaign being launched across the county.
Huntingdon-based Anglian Water has set young designers the challenge of coming up with a logo for its Water for Health Campaign, which will look at improving drinking water provision for school pupils.
Anglian Water media manager, Collette Nicholls, said: "In order to gain national healthy schools' status, all schools must have available free, easily accessible water for their pupils. Studies have shown that young people who drink plenty of water learn more and are better behaved."
The design competition is aimed at Year 8 and 9 design and technology students.
You may also want to watch:
The winning logo will be announced on April 23 and used on refillable bottles, mains-fed water coolers and posters that will be sent to all secondary schools across the county this summer.
The winning school will win up to four mains-fed water coolers and refillable water bottles, and the winning team will spend a day at a design studio and water bottle manufacturer to see its logo brought to life.
- 1 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 2 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 3 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 4 Family-run business with expanding reputation
- 5 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 6 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 7 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 8 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 9 St Neots has elected its new mayor and deputy mayor
- 10 For sale: Carefully crafted, new build homes with generous plots in rural village of Clopton
INFORMATION: Entry forms and further details are available from www.anglianwater.co.uk The closing date is April 2.