Pupils splash out on creative water logo
CREATIVE secondary school pupils in Cambridgeshire are being given the opportunity to design a logo for a new health promotion campaign being launched across the county. Huntingdon-based Anglian Water has set young designers the challenge of coming up wi
CREATIVE secondary school pupils in Cambridgeshire are being given the opportunity to design a logo for a new health promotion campaign being launched across the county.
Huntingdon-based Anglian Water has set young designers the challenge of coming up with a logo for its Water for Health Campaign, which will look at improving drinking water provision for school pupils.
Anglian Water media manager, Collette Nicholls, said: "In order to gain national healthy schools' status, all schools must have available free, easily accessible water for their pupils. Studies have shown that young people who drink plenty of water learn more and are better behaved."
The design competition is aimed at Year 8 and 9 design and technology students.
The winning logo will be announced on April 23 and used on refillable bottles, mains-fed water coolers and posters that will be sent to all secondary schools across the county this summer.
The winning school will win up to four mains-fed water coolers and refillable water bottles, and the winning team will spend a day at a design studio and water bottle manufacturer to see its logo brought to life.
- 1 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 2 Air Ambulance is called to serious crash on London Road in St Ives
- 3 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 4 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 5 House set alight in Brampton
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Overwhelming response to MND charity walk
- 8 Local businesses join forces to create a Christmas Beer
- 9 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
- 10 Man who assaulted police officer claimed it was 'black magic'
INFORMATION: Entry forms and further details are available from www.anglianwater.co.uk The closing date is April 2.