Pupils focus on eating healthily
HEALTHY eating was the focus at a pre-school in St Neots when pupils were given a tour of a restaurant kitchen and the chance to sample some healthy food. Children from Eaton Socon Pre-School took part in a health promotion week and were provided with a
HEALTHY eating was the focus at a pre-school in St Neots when pupils were given a tour of a restaurant kitchen and the chance to sample some healthy food.
Children from Eaton Socon Pre-School took part in a health promotion week and were provided with a range of healthy food from Asda in Biggleswade which they tasted and compared to unhealthy food.
A tour of the resturant kitchen in the Robinson Centre at Wyboston Lakes was also arranged and a healthy lunchbox evening allowed parents to get healthy recipes for youngsters lunchboxes.
Caroline Allanson, pre-school supervisor, said: "The staff felt this was a very valuable and rewarding experience for all the children as well as parents. We would like to thank the local companies who supported our health promoting week as it was such a wonderful learning opportunity to our children."
You may also want to watch:
Pictured: Eaton Socon Pre-School pupils Matthew, Amy, Isabelle and Emily joined by store manager Kev Kappes and training co-ordinator Claire Boyce from Asda in Biggleswade.
PICTURE: HELEN DRAKE 1465
- 1 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 2 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 3 St Neots care assistant Jack set to shine in BBC Three's Glow Up
- 4 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 5 Man who died in road crash is named
- 6 Memories of St Neots' town centre
- 7 Ventriloquist shares career highlights after retiring in Huntingdon
- 8 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 9 For sale: Spacious two bedroom bungalow with generous plots in Hartford
- 10 Fish and Chip shop wins award