Pupils focus on eating healthily
HEALTHY eating was the focus at a pre-school in St Neots when pupils were given a tour of a restaurant kitchen and the chance to sample some healthy food. Children from Eaton Socon Pre-School took part in a health promotion week and were provided with a
HEALTHY eating was the focus at a pre-school in St Neots when pupils were given a tour of a restaurant kitchen and the chance to sample some healthy food.
Children from Eaton Socon Pre-School took part in a health promotion week and were provided with a range of healthy food from Asda in Biggleswade which they tasted and compared to unhealthy food.
A tour of the resturant kitchen in the Robinson Centre at Wyboston Lakes was also arranged and a healthy lunchbox evening allowed parents to get healthy recipes for youngsters lunchboxes.
Caroline Allanson, pre-school supervisor, said: "The staff felt this was a very valuable and rewarding experience for all the children as well as parents. We would like to thank the local companies who supported our health promoting week as it was such a wonderful learning opportunity to our children."
You may also want to watch:
Pictured: Eaton Socon Pre-School pupils Matthew, Amy, Isabelle and Emily joined by store manager Kev Kappes and training co-ordinator Claire Boyce from Asda in Biggleswade.
PICTURE: HELEN DRAKE 1465
- 1 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 2 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 3 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 4 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 5 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 6 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 9 Roman millstone with 2,000-year-old engraving of penis to go on display
- 10 New plans on the horizon for Black Cat Radio