Pulling power to raise charity cash
FIREFIGHTERS and pub regulars will be on the pull through the streets of St Neots on Sunday. They will be dragging a fire engine to raise money for a summer camp for children who have been badly burned. Jamie and Louise Redknapp – the former Liverpool foo
FIREFIGHTERS and pub regulars will be on the pull through the streets of St Neots on Sunday.
They will be dragging a fire engine to raise money for a summer camp for children who have been badly burned.
Jamie and Louise Redknapp - the former Liverpool footballer and his pop star wife - are patrons of the Burned Children's Club charity and are expected to join in.
The one-mile pull goes through most of St Neots with 32 people - 24 from the pub and eight from the fire service - pulling the fire engine.
You may also want to watch:
The event, which last year raised £5,000, starts at 2pm at B&Q, in Eaton Socon, and ends at the Cambridgeshire Hunter pub, where there will be amusements, plus an auction and raffle at 6pm.
- 1 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 2 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 3 Mother pleads for housing 'electrical checks' after losing children in fire
- 4 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed
- 5 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 6 St Neots East seat announced after nail-biting three recounts
- 7 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 8 Cambs police officer saves life of man who overdosed in park
- 9 Pretty town with lots of independent shops
- 10 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall