Pub customers send landlords off on a jolly holiday
PUB regulars had a whip round to send landlords Judy and Michael Rogers on a surprise mini-break to mark their 10th wedding anniversary. Pub relief manager Jane Mann and the customers collected £400 to send the couple, who run The Jolly Sailor in the Grea
PUB regulars had a whip round to send landlords Judy and Michael Rogers on a surprise mini-break to mark their 10th wedding anniversary.
Pub relief manager Jane Mann and the customers collected £400 to send the couple, who run The Jolly Sailor in the Great Whyte in Ramsey, to Edinburgh for three days.
Ms Mann said: "We wanted to send them to Paris but we would have needed their passports. This means they will have a break. Otherwise they would have said they couldn't take time away from the pub. They would have found an excuse not to go, so we have arranged their hotel and travel for them.
The holiday was presented to the couple at their anniversary party at the pub on Sunday. Mr Rogers said: "We are very pleased. We had no idea. I think they must have done all the planning in another pub!"
You may also want to watch:
He added that apart from their first anniversary, when they went out for a meal, they had never celebrated and hadn't any plans to do so this time.
Mrs Rogers said: "Our customers are wonderful. It was a really good surprise. I have been to Edinburgh before and know we will have a really good time.
- 1 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 2 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
- 3 Paedophile exposed in undercover police operation
- 4 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
- 5 Metro is off the cards says new mayor Dr Nik Johnson
- 6 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 7 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Police warning after spate of thefts from cars in Warboys
- 10 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct