Pub customers send landlords off on a jolly holiday
PUB regulars had a whip round to send landlords Judy and Michael Rogers on a surprise mini-break to mark their 10th wedding anniversary. Pub relief manager Jane Mann and the customers collected £400 to send the couple, who run The Jolly Sailor in the Grea
PUB regulars had a whip round to send landlords Judy and Michael Rogers on a surprise mini-break to mark their 10th wedding anniversary.
Pub relief manager Jane Mann and the customers collected £400 to send the couple, who run The Jolly Sailor in the Great Whyte in Ramsey, to Edinburgh for three days.
Ms Mann said: "We wanted to send them to Paris but we would have needed their passports. This means they will have a break. Otherwise they would have said they couldn't take time away from the pub. They would have found an excuse not to go, so we have arranged their hotel and travel for them.
The holiday was presented to the couple at their anniversary party at the pub on Sunday. Mr Rogers said: "We are very pleased. We had no idea. I think they must have done all the planning in another pub!"
He added that apart from their first anniversary, when they went out for a meal, they had never celebrated and hadn't any plans to do so this time.
Mrs Rogers said: "Our customers are wonderful. It was a really good surprise. I have been to Edinburgh before and know we will have a really good time.
- 1 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 2 Air Ambulance is called to serious crash on London Road in St Ives
- 3 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 4 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 5 House set alight in Brampton
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Local businesses join forces to create a Christmas Beer
- 8 Overwhelming response to MND charity walk
- 9 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
- 10 Man who assaulted police officer claimed it was 'black magic'