HUNTINGDONSHIRE District Council should save their money (Cinema fans face five year interval, August 9). The suggestion of development on the Priory site is a joke. We do not need a cinema scaled to the size of someone s living room: we need a full-size
HUNTINGDONSHIRE District Council should save their money (Cinema fans face five year interval, August 9). The suggestion of development on the Priory site is a joke.
We do not need a cinema scaled to the size of someone's living room: we need a full-size complex like that enjoyed by most smaller towns, including Huntingdon for many years.
Land has sat available to the east of the town for years, with access to the railway and away from housing. I suggest we use it, rather than screw up the town centre.
Having lived in St Neots for almost 50 years, the only things that HDC have given us are an inadequate bypass and, of course, the travellers' site.
Not forgetting that they filled in our swimming pool and turned it into an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (joke).
I know in today's world it is wrong to just take, so HDC, the residents of St Neots give you this offer: you build a proper entertainment facility and we'll give Huntingdon the travellers' site.
- 1 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 2 Woman dies in crash on London Road in St Ives
- 3 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 4 Air Ambulance is called to serious crash on London Road in St Ives
- 5 Sawtry homes plan is approved
- 6 House set alight in Brampton
- 7 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 8 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 9 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 10 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
Editor's note: HDC is not responsible for roads or travellers' sites.