HUNTINGDONSHIRE District Council should save their money (Cinema fans face five year interval, August 9). The suggestion of development on the Priory site is a joke. We do not need a cinema scaled to the size of someone s living room: we need a full-size
HUNTINGDONSHIRE District Council should save their money (Cinema fans face five year interval, August 9). The suggestion of development on the Priory site is a joke.
We do not need a cinema scaled to the size of someone's living room: we need a full-size complex like that enjoyed by most smaller towns, including Huntingdon for many years.
Land has sat available to the east of the town for years, with access to the railway and away from housing. I suggest we use it, rather than screw up the town centre.
Having lived in St Neots for almost 50 years, the only things that HDC have given us are an inadequate bypass and, of course, the travellers' site.
You may also want to watch:
Not forgetting that they filled in our swimming pool and turned it into an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (joke).
I know in today's world it is wrong to just take, so HDC, the residents of St Neots give you this offer: you build a proper entertainment facility and we'll give Huntingdon the travellers' site.
- 1 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 2 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 3 St Neots care assistant Jack set to shine in BBC Three's Glow Up
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 6 Ventriloquist shares career highlights after retiring in Huntingdon
- 7 Memories of St Neots' town centre
- 8 Fish and Chip shop wins award
- 9 For sale: Spacious two bedroom bungalow with generous plots in Hartford
- 10 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
Editor's note: HDC is not responsible for roads or travellers' sites.