Prince Charles invited to open Eaton's Community Centre
THE future King of England has been invited to visit Eaton Socon next year to open a new community centre. It was revealed at the meeting of St Neots Town Council last Wednesday (April 8) that HRH the Prince of Wales has been asked to open the new buildin
THE future King of England has been invited to visit Eaton Socon next year to open a new community centre.
It was revealed at the meeting of St Neots Town Council last Wednesday (April 8) that HRH the Prince of Wales has been asked to open the new building.
The town council sent a letter to the royal household earlier in the year asking if the Prince would be available to open the Eaton's Community Centre.
Last week, the council received a positive reply.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking at the meeting, acting town clerk, Helen King, said: "We have been told that the Prince of Wales will be in the area in spring 2010, but his programme is yet to be finalised.
"If it is not Prince Charles then I have been told that perhaps another royal could attend."
- 1 Huntingdon home to one of the most 'luxurious' breakfasts in the UK
- 2 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 3 Four dogs rescued after being abandoned on A14
- 4 Sewer network improvements in £600k investment for St Neots
- 5 Pigeons still roosting on old A14 bridge despite preventative mesh
- 6 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 7 Widow, 80, cleans blocked drain in Buckden after 'several floods'
- 8 Visiting to resume at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary
- 10 Rural theft cost Cambridgeshire £2 million in 2020
Building work began on the �1.2million community centre next to the Co-op supermarket in The Maltings, Eaton Socon in August last year.
Work on the new two-storey building is on time and is expected to be finished in September of this year with the official opening in 2010.
The centre will provide a space for lots of groups in the town. The facilities will allow for a 50-place pre-school, a large hall for about 200 people, a bar, kitchen, storage area and two medium-sized rooms upstairs.