Prince Charles invited to open Eaton's Community Centre
THE future King of England has been invited to visit Eaton Socon next year to open a new community centre. It was revealed at the meeting of St Neots Town Council last Wednesday (April 8) that HRH the Prince of Wales has been asked to open the new buildin
THE future King of England has been invited to visit Eaton Socon next year to open a new community centre.
It was revealed at the meeting of St Neots Town Council last Wednesday (April 8) that HRH the Prince of Wales has been asked to open the new building.
The town council sent a letter to the royal household earlier in the year asking if the Prince would be available to open the Eaton's Community Centre.
Last week, the council received a positive reply.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking at the meeting, acting town clerk, Helen King, said: "We have been told that the Prince of Wales will be in the area in spring 2010, but his programme is yet to be finalised.
"If it is not Prince Charles then I have been told that perhaps another royal could attend."
- 1 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 2 One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 4 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 5 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 6 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 7 Hunts Post Reader Photos for this week
- 8 Tim retires after 25 years with law firm
- 9 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
- 10 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots
Building work began on the �1.2million community centre next to the Co-op supermarket in The Maltings, Eaton Socon in August last year.
Work on the new two-storey building is on time and is expected to be finished in September of this year with the official opening in 2010.
The centre will provide a space for lots of groups in the town. The facilities will allow for a 50-place pre-school, a large hall for about 200 people, a bar, kitchen, storage area and two medium-sized rooms upstairs.