Pride of place
A TOWN sign from Huntingdon has now taken pride of place in Germany s most recent tourist attraction, the Fernweh Park in Hof, Bavaria. The park has a forest of signs from around the world. The Huntingdon sign ended up in Germany after Alfred Eiber, cha
A TOWN sign from Huntingdon has now taken pride of place in Germany's most recent tourist attraction, the Fernweh Park in Hof, Bavaria.
The park has a "forest" of signs from around the world.
The Huntingdon sign ended up in Germany after Alfred Eiber, chairman of the Hof branch of the International Police Association (IPA), visited England and met Alan Carter from Hemingford Grey, a former international secretary general of the IPA. Mr Carter then asked Huntingdon Town Council if the sign could be given to Germany.
Herr Eiber presented the sign to the director of the park, Klaus Beer.
Herr Beer, who has arranged for the sign to be placed in a prominent position in the park where it will be seen by visitors from all over the world, said: "It is a big, beautiful sign and it looks great."
The park features town and city signs as well as messages from more than 150 famous stars, politicians, sports and business personalities in a section called Signs of Fame, similar to the Walk of Fame in Hollywood.
- 1 Improved Ofsted rating for village primary school
- 2 Police called to reports of violence in Huntingdon
- 3 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 4 Godmanchester tearoom supporting adults with learning disabilities celebrates
- 5 Cyclist left with serious injuries after bus collision in St Ives
- 6 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 7 All aboard! St Neots father and son to tackle London underground for charity
- 8 Concerns about late-night noise if club is granted alcohol extension
- 9 Voi trial ‘confuses people’ about illegal e-scooters
- 10 Drought officially declared in East Anglian region
INFORMATION: A webcam of the park can be seen at www.fernweh-park.de